The 5 Tips to Prepare Your Body Before a Waxing Treatment
Posted by James Spencer on October 10th, 2017
There is nothing better than feeling the smooth skin after a waxing session. Clean hands and legs are something that is considered hygienic as well as adds to your overall aesthetic. You could either opt to perform waxing yourself or pay a visit to the salons for waxing at Illawarra that would help you out. While it is often advised to opt for expert solutions for waxing the body, it shouldn't be something that should be taken up lightly.
While it concerns the skin, there is this need to ensure that the best waxing equipment is put to use. The reason behind the choice of quality is the after-effects that it may have on your skin. Whenever there is a plan to wax, there is this need to prepare well so that your skin doesn't experience breakout and not simply blame the wax that was used on your skin.
Here are a few tips that you could opt for before waxing your body so that you do not witness problems post the treatment.
- Get a good shower before the appointment - While you shower, the water is known to allow the pores to open up which is known to allow water to absorb itself well to the skin. While you have a waxing fixed for yourself, get a shower before you step out. They would allow the wax to work better for your skin. The pores stay open while allowing smooth removal of the hair without causing breakouts.
- Exfoliate the skin well - When you make use of exfoliating scrubs at least 48 hours before your waxing appointment, the skin tends to soften while getting rid of dead skin as well as in-grown hair. This is something that is recommended to prevent damage to your skin while waxing as the strips are known to pull out hair as well as dead skin while causing damage to the upper layer of the skin.
- Trim the hair if it is too long - There are times when you miss the regular appointments for reasons whatsoever, your hair is likely to grow too long. Waxing and pulling out long hair can be painful that may result in bleeding as well. Therefore, if you notice your hair grown too long, you could try trimming them with a trimmer that would make the process less painful and thus making you witness normalcy after the waxing process.
- Opt to consume painkillers - There are several women who cannot withstand any kind of pain and are sensitive towards it. If you are one of them, you could opt to consume painkillers before the appointment so that you feel less pain and not be sceptical during the waxing process.
- Wear loose clothes - Wearing tight clothing such as skinny jeans can put pressure on the skin while not letting your pores breathe. Experts that deal with cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening in Wollongong and waxing agree that while such a situation arises when are to rush to the salon after work and cannot take necessary precautions such as taking a bath, ensure that you leave the house wearing loose clothing and while letting the skin breathe all day.