Information on Smoking Cessation
Posted by aradigm on October 17th, 2017
One might think that smoking makes one look very cool and is a fashionable thing to hold a cigarette in between fingers and exhale smoke from mouth but in reality smoking slowly ruins your health in a steady fashion. One also smokes for feeling free from worries and thinks that smoking is stress buster, but actually it will add to your stress by putting your health at risk. Those who have understood it and realized it might like continue their reading this article on smoking cessation for their own good.
Your health is your asset and many people unintentionally suffer from poor health state. To intentionally destroy and ruin it by developing and continuing bad habits, then you are a fool to neglect your health and devastate your life. Smoking cessation is the process to quit smoking habit. It is the process of discontinuing tobacco smoking.
Tobacco smoking is an addiction that people fall prey to and get their health ruined. Maximum smokers become addicted to nicotine, which is a drug that is found in tobacco. A research has been done and it has been found that nicotine can be as addictive as heroin; cocaine and alcohol.
Quitting smoking is hard and may require several attempts. Smoking Cessation is a tough process but with a strong desire to live life in a healthy way and discontinue bad habit, one can at ease overcome the initial difficulties of smoking cessation. People who stop smoking often start this bad habit again because of withdrawal symptoms, stress, and weight gain. Nicotine withdrawal
1. symptoms may include
2. Feeling irritable and angry,
3. They start being anxious
4. Their thinking also gets troubled.
5. Craving tobacco products
6. Feeling hungrier than usual
7. Some also experience drying of throat and dizziness.
8. A restless feeling often overpowers them.
However it should be remembered that these minor sufferance is good for preserving good health in the long run. These might trouble and annoy for some days or weeks, but smoking will ruin health that can make you suffer for lifetime and even pause your life!
Smoking cessation has an array of advantages to smokers. Smoking is very bad for health and can cause untimely death of the smokers. Health benefits of smoking cessation are as follow-
1. Lowered risk for lung cancer as smoking accelerates chances of lung cancer.
2. Reduced risk for heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease (narrowing of the blood vessels outside one’s heart).
3. Reduced heart disease risk within 1 to 2 years of quitting. Smoking damages normal functioning of heart too.
4. Reduced respiratory symptoms, such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Smokers often have coughing issues and respiratory troubles. Respiratory organs can slowly regain its normal health if smokers quit smoking habit.
5. Reduced risk of developing some lung diseases. Smoking seriously affects the health of lungs. Maximum smokers experience lung issues.
6. Reduced risk for infertility in women of childbearing age. Women who smoke have greater risk of infertility.
About the Author:
The writer is an expert in the field of Smoking Cessation with focus on He share ideas related to Bronchiectasis, Inhaled Insulin, Inhaled Ciprofloxacin Orbit Clinical Program and more.