Tips to Maintaining Silver Rings
Posted by adairsawyer on August 7th, 2011
Silver rings and silver rings for women may not get the same amount of attention; say compared to diamond rings but still there is no denying the allure of these rings. For many, silver is considered as a high-class material thus this is often the choice for young ladies. And because silver rings and silver rings for women do come in cheaper than the diamond or emerald ones, these jewelry pieces continue to be one of the top picks when it comes to jewelry that can serve as gifts or investments. So don’t be surprised to see most of your friends wearing silver-based jewelry from time to time. And it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you if someone gifts you with silver rings. And the moment you receive these rings and silver-based jewelry, make sure that these are properly cared for. Silver pieces are often used for casual attire and can be used for formal functions as well, so it’s understandable that these pieces may be overused, over exposed and in the process making the silver pieces worn out and old
When this thing happens, don’t get disappointed. It’s in the nature of the rings, and what you can do is to clean the rings and regularly polish it to sustain its beauty and brilliance. Gold isn’t the only thing that needs a polish or two; your silver rings for women need that as well. In order to properly clean up and maintain the jewelry pieces and to prevent the darkening of the pieces, you can refer to the following suggestions below.
• If you constantly use your silver pieces for casual and official functions, make sure that you keep these pieces away from damp and humid areas. If the silver pieces have darkened or are in need of drying or cleaning then you can use jewelry cleaning cloth and these pieces can be polished from time to time. There are special cloths that can be used to polish jewelry pieces like the ones made from silver.
• It is also a good move to separate the silver pieces from the other gems. Most gems are harder than silver, thus these gemstones can have an impact on the surface of the silver pieces.
• If you cannot afford the commercially-available solutions to clean the jewelry pieces, then you can always opt for the homemade cleaning agents. For example you can use a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean silver. After some minimal brushing the pieces should be rinsed with clean water and the pieces should be dried.
• You can also use the tarnish shield when protecting the silver pieces.
• It is also recommended that you don’t use jewelry boxes that are made from wood. The silver rings for women may look good in a wooden box, but it has been noted that the wood material can facilitate the damage of the silver much faster.
Silver rings and silver materials are now common, so it’s but normal to hear stories about silver getting brownish or old. When that happens, you know what to do to your silver rings.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authoradairsawyer
Joined: April 9th, 2011
Articles Posted: 1,903
More by this author