Unbeaten Napoli Go Top
Posted by betensured02 on October 27th, 2017
Unbeaten Napoli go top and Juventus beat SPAL
Napoli maintained their unbeaten start to the Serie A season and returned to the top of the table by coming from behind to beat Genoa.
Dries Mertens scored twice and took his tally to nine for the season after ex-QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt’s opener.
Ervin Zukanovic then scored an own goal to increase Napoli’s lead before Armando Izzo pulled one back.
Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain scored as champions Juventus, who are three points off top, beat SPAL 4-1.
Federico Bernardeschi gave Juventus the lead in Turin on 14 minutes, and Paulo Dybala doubled their advantage before Alberto Paloschi pulled one back for SPAL.
The hosts put the result beyond doubt in the second half as Gonzalo Higuain and Juan Cuadrado made it 4-1 in five second-half minutes to keep Juventus third.
Elsewhere, Lazio beat Bologna 2-1, while former Liverpool midfielder Suso and ex-Blackburn striker Nikola Kalinic both scored as AC Milan defeated Chievo Verona 4-1.
Some Serie A matches were overshadowed by increasing tensions, days after Lazio fans mocked-up anti-semitic photos.
Everton sacks Ronald Koeman
Everton have sacked Ronald Koeman after their 5-2 loss at home to Arsenal on Super Sunday saw them slip into the relegation zone.
The club spent heavily in the summer on Michael Keane, Davy Klaassen, Jordan Pickford, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Wayne Rooney, but now lie 18th in the table having made their third-worst start to a Premier League campaign.
The loss at Goodison Park on Sunday was Everton’s fifth consecutive match without a victory, with the Toffees having won just two league games this season, while they are also bottom of their Europa League group after two defeats and a draw in their first three matches.
Koeman said before the Arsenal game that Everton’s owners had faith in him to turn his side’s poor form around. However, the club’s hierarchy released a statement on Monday announcing that the Dutchman had left his position.
Everton ban fan carrying child after clash with Lyon player
Everton have banned the child-carrying supporter involved in a confrontation with a Lyon player during Thursday’s Europa League defeatat Goodison Park.
The club have also contacted Merseyside Police, who are investigating.
Everton’s Ashley Williams sparked the melee which saw an Everton fan – carrying a small child – appear to push Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes.
European football’s governing body Uefa has charged Everton with “aggressions by supporters against players”.
Uefa will deal with the case at a disciplinary hearing on 16 November.
“I don’t think it is part of the English atmosphere to hit an away player, but it was like this,” said Lopes after the game, which Lyon won 2-1.
An Everton statement read: “Club officials have reviewed the footage of an incident where supporters towards the front of the lower Gwladys Street End became involved in a confrontation between players.
“We have identified one individual against whom action will now be taken. This will include a ban from attending future Everton fixtures, and the club registering a formal complaint with Merseyside Police.”
Everton were fined £8,837 by Uefa last month, after crowd trouble during the home leg of their Europa League play-off match against Hajduk Split in August.Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com653,092 total articles and counting.