Sperm freezing in the best IVF Centers in India
Posted by Aaryan Smith on February 24th, 2018
Sperm freezing is also known as sperm cryopreservation, and it’s a process of preserving the sperm cells.Sperm freezing or sperm cryopreservation is a technique in which sperm are frozen at a sub-zero temperature to preserve them for future. Sperm cells have been solidified and defrosted effectively for over 40 years in the best IVF centers in India.
When young patients are diagnosed with cancer; they often are worried about infertility because infertility is one of the side effects of the chemotherapy in cancer treatment. Sperm freezing before cancer chemotherapy is availablein the best IVF centres in India.
Patients are advised to meet fertility doctors and get afertility test done in the best fertility clinic and then move ahead for further treatment. If sperm are frozen for the impending treatment of the donor, the storage period is usually 1 year. For the pre-chemotherapy storage, the duration is mostly of 10 years which can be extended in certain circumstances.Sperm freezing is also used for men who want to make a sperm donation to a sperm bank.
The best IVF centres in India are in Delhi, which have the best IVF specialists in Delhi for all-round treatment and care of all problems related to infertility in male or female.
Steps of sperm freezing/ sperm cryopreservation:
• Patient will be screened for infectious diseases tests like HIV, HTLV and Hepatitis B/C
• Patient will provide written consent for sperm storage procedure
• Patient will undergo for a sperm quality test
• Patient’s sperm will be frozen and stored in liquid nitrogen
Benefits of sperm cryopreservation/ sperm freezing:
Sperm freezing can preserve fertility for men who:
• Are about to have treatment for cancer/pre-chemotherapy treatment or undergo prostate or testicular surgery, all of which can harm sperm quality or production.
• Plan to have a vasectomy due to some reasons.
• Are in high-risk professions with exposure to chemicals, radiation or extreme heat that can cause sterility.
• Suffer ejaculatory dysfunction problem.
• Sperm freezing can also be used for sperm donation to infertile couples.
Many young survivors of cancer want to have children in the future; they don’t need to worry about the fertility because best IVF centre in Delhi isproviding the facility of sperm freezing by best IVF doctors. The best IVF centres in India are in Delhi, which have the best IVF specialists in Delhi for all-round treatment and care of all problems related to infertility in male or female.