What IT Skills Do You Need for the Future?
Posted by thebyteguy on March 14th, 2018
Technology is one of those things that change rapidly with time. Something that is latest today might be outdated after a few months. A similar thing happens with IT skills. One skill seems hot today, but after a few months, it becomes useless for a company. Therefore, it is important for IT professionals to keep up with the latest technologies and skills to remain relevant and productive for their organisations.
Here are the top IT skills expected to be in demand by companies in the future.
- Intelligence Systems and Machine Learning: Intelligence systems and machine learning are two of the most exciting and innovative fields rapidly moving into the future. This is why these skills are the best and highly profitable skills one can learn. From Alexa and Siri to chatbots and self-driving cars, there are endless uses of these futuristic tech skills. Both Intelligence system and machine learning can be applied to various industries including education, healthcare, finance, etc. The possibilities are endless, and one will need to have hands-on experience with intelligence systems and machine learning to get better opportunities in the future.
- Augmented Reality (AR): Remember Pokemon Go? It was an AR product. In the last few years, companies have started producing software and hardware that support machine learning and AR. The professionals with sound knowledge and expertise to envision, design and create applications will be in high demand in the next few years. This IT skill will open the gateways to success for many people.
- Data Science: With the massive rise of machine learning and big data, expert data scientists are now becoming an important component in different industries – from banking and finance to drug discovery and health care. Many leading companies will invest on a large scale in talent acquisition in this particular field. This is why some technical training companies are focusing on this course.
- Mobile App Development: Mobile devices are the future. This is why skilled mobile app developers will be in high demand in the future. A successful app developer will have to be fluent in latest programming languages including Dot Net, Java, Python, C++, C#, Java and many more. Additionally, mobile app developers with UI and UX design skills will offer more value for project management.
- Cybersecurity (Network and Data Security): For a company that deals with confidential data or collects customer details, network and data security are the most critical aspects of their business. When data breaches or any suspicious activity happen, it can cost big and an organisation may not even be able to recover from such an event. This situation emphasises just how important it is for a company to secure its data and network from snooping eyes. This is why cybersecurity professionals will rule the future.
- SaaS in Cloud: IT professionals with software as a service (SaaS) and cloud computing skills will continue to see high demand for their services in the coming years. Virtualisation skills in Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, etc. for private cloud hosting will surely help you get an edge in such a high competition market. Experience with Cloud Stack, IPv6 and DevOps will be an added advantage to get a job in a top-notch IT company.