Small Bedroom Design Ideas that are Grand in Style!
Posted by shikhashrama84 on March 23rd, 2018
Big city apartments, vintage homes, modern spaces, and more all call for a design that expands the possibilities of small. While big bedroom designs give you all the freedom to go crazy decorating and utilising decor items, small spaces prevent us from doing just that. While modern and luxurious bedroom design ideas often tell you that you need to have a sitting area, small bedrooms prevent us from thinking big. However, there are many stylish bedroom design ideas meant for small bedrooms that look extremely stylish and grand.
Here are some small bedroom design ideas to help you create a bedroom space that may be small in size but big in style.
1. Keep colours light and bright. Opting for pastel colours such as cream and white are a practical choice for bedrooms. It keeps the room from looking too busy or boxed. Similarly, using white or lighter colours combats that absence of large wall space to brighten up the room.
2. Most bedroom styles feature the bed by the centre. By placing the bed against the wall, it creates a sleeping area that feels cosier. Plus, it makes for more walking space as well as storage space.
3. A few inches of extra bed space can do wonders. Skip the huge bed frame and opt for minimal designing. Opting for a Hollywood-style frame that supports the bottom of the bed and extends no further than the perimeter of the mattress.
4. Embracing minimalism is the best option. Keep furniture pieces and accessories to a minimum. Even better, use sleek, contemporary built-ins for additional storage space.
5. Magnify the space with mirrors as they create an illusion of a bigger room. The easiest way to include a big mirror is by finding a body-length mirror and lean it up against the wall.
6. Opting for a bed with storage facility is also a great way to save on space. Consider a bed with drawers underneath or multiple mini drawers too.
7. Get creative with floating shelves, as they can work in many useful ways in a small bedroom.
8. Having a small bedroom isn’t a bad thing. Add a bold wallpaper pattern to a focal wall, like a headboard wall. When selecting wallpaper, choose a large-scale design over a small, over the top one.
9. Create an alcove or a wall niche. An alcove may not necessarily be deep, but it may be all you need for small necessities like a clock or personal items.Also See: Small Bedroom, Design Ideas, Bedroom Design, Vintage Homes, Small, Bedroom, SpaceTop Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com527,325 total articles and counting.