Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Indians
Posted by Shrikant Sharma on April 17th, 2018
Many non-vegetarian people complain about veg recipes of India being boring. On the other hand vegetarian people run out of idea to make their meals interesting and healthy both. So below are few interesting Indian vegetarian recipes you can make for lunch, dinner or to make a healthy breakfast.
Lentil Quinoa Curry
1. First heat oil in the saucepan
2. Then add the onion and cook it until it attains a brown hue
3. This should take approximately 3 minutes
4. You can then put in the garlic, carrots and mushrooms
5. Cook this mixture for around a couple of minutes
6. You can then stir the water, vegetable broth, curry powder, lentils, chili powder, quinoa, tomato pate, cumin, garam masala, ginger, salt, cayenne pepper and regular pepper as a mixture
7. Keep the heat on low and cover the saucepan
8. Let the entire thing simmer
9. You will then see that the vegetables have been totally cooked
10. You can then add some cream and butter for the saucepan
11. Cover with a lid and keep cooking for roughly 5 minutes till you find that the lentils have turned soft
1. First heat the oil in the cooking pan with the heat kept at medium. You can then put in onions. Stir them until they turn brown. It should take you roughly 5 minutes for this purpose. Then put in some garlic and stir the entire thing for another minute.
2. Put in ground cumin, cumin seeds, cardamom, coriander, cayenne and cinnamon and you should then cook the entire mixture for around half a minute to one minute. You can then put in some water, salt and potatoes. While bringing to a simmer, you should cover the cooking pan and cook this thoroughly for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Put in tomatoes, chickpeas and carrots and then bring this entire mixture to simmer. Keep the flame on low and keep occasionally stirring the mixture. Put in ½ a cup of water as well, till you see that the carrots and potatoes have been cooked fully. You can then put in some cilantro and stir it. While serving, you can use yoghurt as well.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds.
2. Once they brown, add chopped onions, green chilies and curry leaves. Stir fry.
3. Next add chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Now put in the oats. Cook for a minute or two or else the oats will turn very soft. Serve right hot!
Vegetable Chat Mix
1. Toss the corn and chopped vegetables together.
2. Season it with mint leaves, chopped chilli, olive oil, cumin powder and salt.
3. Serve warm with a few drops of lemon juice.
These veg recipes of India are easy to make. Be it a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner these Indian vegetarian recipes are very filling and tasty. You can add Nutralite to some of the recipes replacing oil, butter or ghee to make it healthy.