Lip balm is a cosmetic used by men and women in every day life. It’s wintertime, doom and gloom is in the sky, the wind whips across your face. There is no better comfort than a layer of natural lip balm to protect against these brutal elements. The drying affects of the sun or a day out on the beach, it is something that we use several times a day so why not use the best! Bee All Natural lip balms are USDA certified organic and contain no preservatives or mineral oils of any kind.
Is your current lip balm filled with harmful, potentially toxic chemicals? Or is it natural and safe? Lets talk shop.
Ingredients to avoid in lip balm include:
• Petrolatum and mineral oil based products - Mineral oil and petrolatum (a.k.a. petroleum jelly) is a derivative of oil refining. Petroleum based products tend to smother the skin making it very hard to breath. In fact, because of how mineral oils works, they are a very poor choice for the consumer for the following reasons. It disrupts the way the body naturally detoxifies. Petrolatum also slows the rate at which skin cells are renewed damaging collagen and connective tissues, all of which contribute to the way your skin looks and feels. Certainly one of the worst side effects of using these type products is that studies show that skin prematurely ages. Bee All Natural Lip Balms contain absolutely no mineral oils of any kind.
• Chemical preservatives. These can be in the form of any of the following. Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben are all types of synthetic additives to preserve many products in the food and skin care industry. It is believed that parabens are linked to an increased risk of breast cancer and reproductive toxicity.
• Alcohol – Most body and skin products on the market contain alcohol. Alcohol additives have several names, such as Cetyl, Isostearyl and Oleyl to name a few. These substances can be legally used in skin products; unfortunately they actually inhibit healthy skin. Although products made with alcohol tend to be less greasy and seem to absorb quicker, the fact is, they dry the skin and remove essential moisture.
• Artificial coloring - In many ways colors brighten our lives and add a spring to our step. All is good and well as long as it does not affect our health. Absorbing artificial coloring through food or through the skin is another story and can be a huge health risk, especially in children. Colorants, such as RED 40 and Yellow 5, are associated to allergies, hyperactivity, and learning impairment, just to name a few. Bee All Natural products contain no coloring or dyes and are deemed food grade.
• Synthetic Fragrances, not at Bee All Natural! Our organic lip balms are made with peppermint, grapefruit, and cinnamon organic essential oils. Synthetic fragrances not only cause allergies and respiratory distress, but are also linked to cancer. Don’t let the name fool you; synthetic fragrances can also be called perfume, parfum, and aromas.
For an all-natural lip balm, chose one made with “real” natural ingredients such as avocado, jojoba, and sunflower oils; cocoa and shea butter; and beeswax. Safe, yet a powerful moisturizer! Bee All Natural is an online store proud to provide you quality products direct to your doorstep. They strive to create skin care products that are as healthy for your skin as for your body including organic lip balm, organic baby powder, organic baby oil, organic baby diaper rash salve, organic baby body butter, organic baby lotion stick, organic shea butter, organic luminous face serum and more. All made in Michigan!
For further query or to know something more about Organic Chocolate Lip Balm, please visit our website HERE: http://www.beeallnatural.com/