For all those parents who are having tough times in dealing with their kids while introducing a plant-based diet, here are some tips and special meals that can help you to make your kid happy while having a Vegan meal:
Make your kids aware of the benefits of having fruits and vegetables. Relate these fruits and vegetables with their favorite cartoon characters and tell them that how these meals help them to be strong as they appear to be.
· Try to plan your meals with kids only, and try to eat what they are eating. This helps to bond well and make your kids learn to eat anything and everything especially .
· Try to develop good eating habits from the very starting, if you expect that overnight you can convince them to introduce plant-based diet for kids then you are wrong. Inculcate those habits yourself only, try to eliminate processed sugar, unnatural fat and animal-based products.
· Introduce food that helps to give a lot of energy to your kid. While introducing plant-based diet for kids, you need to ensure that sufficient vitamins and other essential nutrients are reaching them. Plan their meals in the most appropriate way as while you cut down animal-based products you really need to introduce substitutes for the same.
· Marconi and cheese are one of the favorite meal of the favorite meal for kids, but while you want to cut down on animal-based products cut down on cheese and can substitute the same with soy-based cheese or hempseed cheese.
· Do you think homemade pizza is not healthy?? You are absolutely wrong if you will make pizza at home that too from the scratch, it will taste as good as any other normal pizza and will be as healthy as any other plant-based meal for a kid. Just substitute animal-based products with homemade and plant-based products and see how much your kid is going to love it.
· Burgers and sweet potatoes are something kids crave for. They are healthy, tasty, and delicious if made at home. Same is the case with sweet potatoes but make sure to avoid products with preservatives.
You can always use products like cauliflower and rice milk, non- soy cheese, homemade vegan cashew cheese to substitute animal based dairy products. Try these tips and meals and see how your kid will for a plant-based diet for kids.