- How fast did they get back to you? Ideally, you should expect a callback within 24 hours during the week, and 48-72 hours on the weekend. A legitimate company will not give an estimate over the phone, but they should be keen to set an appointment to visit your site and start preparing one.
- Can you read and understand their estimate? An estimate needs to explain clearly the materials needed for the project and their costs and how many hours will be needed to complete the job and the cost of those hours. The estimate should include everything needed right down to the porta-potty rental fees.
- Are they excited about your project? After a certain amount of time in a profession, there are very few surprises, that much is true. However, if the company representatives such as the sales rep and project manager seem to be on autopilot, it might be better to look elsewhere.
- Are they clear about the lead time? Custom elements take time to make, so while your custom-worked steel gates and fence panels might take weeks of work for the shop to make. Have them detail lead time in their written estimate.
- Is the bid comparable to bids from other companies? Get bids from a minimum of three companies, but don’t be too quick to go with the low bid. Low bids are not the way to get the best value for your money. All too often, unscrupulous companies will underbid a job and then start adding on expenses and overruns. Before you know it, the project that looked reasonable and doable is over budget and blowing past the date when it should have been finished. Look instead at the value a company provides, such as a reputation for quality work and accurate delivery times.
Other methods to pick the best company for your automatic gate installation should include checking their reviews on Yelp or Angie’s list, looking for a portfolio of their work online, and even asking for locations of past jobs so that you can drive by and see it. Another big clue is the reviews that the company showcases on their website – happy customers are not afraid to speak up! Pin this article and select your contractors with these tips in mind!Also See: Gate Installation, Automatic Gate, Automatic Gates, Written Estimate, Company, Estimate, AutomaticTop Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com516,871 total articles and counting.