Electrical equipments are in need of these protection units today than ever. There is a good deal of technology that we are plugging in our homes these days. From your AC mains supply to small LED lights at your place are at risk. Each and every device seeks protection from overvoltage. AC Power Surge Protectors is designed to serve the purpose. SPD can be based on Metal Oxide Varistor or Gas Discharge Tube. Basically, a protector unit blocks the triggered high voltage and diverts it safely to the ground. They are an investment that needs to be picked accordingly.
There are mainly 2 causes of Surges- Direct Lightning strikes or Switching Operation.
According to risk assessment and the major causes of surges- AC Power SPDs are broadly classified into:
• Class B/Type 1 SPD: To protect low power devices from Lightning surges Class B protectors are installed at the service entrance. It operates in LPZ 0-1 and protects against voltage transients in 10/350µs.
• Class C/Type 2 SPD: Designed to operate in LPZ 1-2 protecting the devices against the unnecessarily induced surges due to switching activity in 8/20µs. Switching activity can burn out devices gradually over time.
• Class B+C/Type 1+2 SPD: This is a solution to provide protection against both lightning as well as switching surges in 10/350µs and 8/20µs. Owing to its performance in LPZ 0-2 it is considered to be the upgraded Surge suppressor unit.
• Available in wide range of voltages.
• Protection from lightning and switching damages.
• Designed for both single phase and three phase.
• Complying to mandatory standard – IEC 61643-11.
• IP20 degree of protection.
• Quick and easy installation technique.
Protection to your expensive devices is an important criterion. AC Surge Protection Device in coordination to the equipment can ensure the unending device performance. Installation process of this economical solution is really simple.
A defense against deadly power surges
Effective Surge protection installation is a troubleshooter for electrical appliances. A spike voltage or a slight variation in the normal operating voltage of any equipment can cause malfunctioning of the device. This frequent disturbance can slowly lead to equipment break down. It can even have a worse aftereffect.Electrical equipments are in need of the...
Deadly Race Fans: Download Deadly Race Game for Free
As if racing is not thrilling enough, Deadly Race takes the game to an even more exciting and adrenalin-pumping level by adding a survival element to the race. With a unique back story that will keep you hooked, this game is truly a league of its own, especially since it features all sorts of challenges that make it even harder for any player to reach each f...
Say no to surges into communication lines when SPDs protects
India the fast developing country, networks becomes complicated also thicker as demands increases from clients ends. While having great demand surges and transients are common in lines that have the ability to destroy all the sensitive equipments which follows it. In general communication system is a compact collection of transmitters, transmissions channels...
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Developed by Interfuse - Copyright © 2010 - 2018 Uberant.com