How to evaluate your website with the help of Norton Safe Web!
Posted by John Smith on September 21st, 2018
Norton Antivirus is designed and developed by Symantec. It provides multi-layered protection to your devices. It protects your computer from different kinds of malware, spyware etc. Norton Antivirus provides protection from all the external and internal threats.
Norton setup - Norton Safe Web is a service which helps users to identify the malicious websites. It also shows that how a malicious website can affect your computer. It analyses the websites and finds out that whether it is safe or not. If you are a site-owner then you can also evaluate your website by submitting it to Norton Safe Web. Norton Safe Web is abbreviated as Norton Safe Web. In this article, we will discuss the steps to submit and evaluate a website on Norton Safe Web.
How to evaluate your website - Norton setup
To evaluate your website with Norton Safe Web, you need to go through the given steps:
• Open your favourite web browser in your computer.
• Secondly, you need to type safeweb.norton.com in the address bar of the browser.
• To go to the Norton Safe Web portal, you are advised to hit enter.
• Afterwards, you need to take your cursor to the top-right corner of the window.
• Click on the ‘sign in’ option available there.
• Furthermore, you need to do the following:
• You can enter your Norton email address and password in the blank space.
• Afterwards, click on sign in to move further.
• In case, you are a new user then click on ‘create a new account’ option.
• You need to fill a form with suitable information.
• Moreover, click on create account option to become a new Norton user.
• Once you opened the Norton web page then you can follow the next given steps.
• On the Norton web page, go to the top-right corner and click on the ‘my profile’ option.
• Afterwards, you need to click on the ‘site dispute’ tab.
• After that, click on the ‘add site’ option and type the website address that you want to evaluate.
• In addition to that, a verification email is sent to your email address to confirm the ownership of your website.
• Finally, you need to follow the instructions to verify the ownership of your website.
There are two options to verify your web page ownership - Norton setup
You can verify your Ownership by adding a Meta tag.
• You firstly need to open your mail id.
• Afterwards, you need to copy the meta tag that is sent to you via an email.
• In the next step, you need to paste it into your websites home page.
• After that, go to the Norton Safe Web account page again.
• Lastly, click on the ‘verify now’ to change the status to ‘ownership verified’ successfully.
You can also verify your Ownership by adding an HTML file.
• First of all, open the Norton Safe Web page and Sign in to it.
• After that, click on the ‘my profile’ option and then go to the ‘site dispute tab’.
• Furthermore, you need to click on the ‘Verify Your Site’ option under the ‘Actions’ tab.
• Now, you need to select ‘Upload an HTML file’ under ‘Method of verification’ option.
• Furthermore, you need to click the link to download the authentication file.
• Afterwards, you need to save the .html file to your computer desktop screen.
• Now, you need to upload that .html file to the root folder of your website.
• After all the mentioned steps, you need to go back to your account on Norton Safe Web page.
• At last, you need to click on ‘Verify Now’ option.
• It will successfully verify your website.
FAQ - Norton Setup
norton setup with product key
norton.com/setup sign in
How to open Norton Setup window?
What is Norton Antivirus setup?
Where can you Norton download?
In order to know more about Norton please visit www.norton.com/setup. You can also contact our technical experts on our toll-free number. Call if you are facing issues related to installation, activation etc. Our team feel happy to resolve your issues.