Posted by Winnie Melda on October 10th, 2018
The theory that will guide me in my nursing practice is the Watson theory. This theory was proposed by Jaen Watson that helps to define the science of caring and human caring. The core practices and principles proposed in this theory are that; 1.) Nurses have to practice equanimity and loving kindness. b.) Nurses should also demonstrate authentic presence by showing deep belief of their patients, family and colleagues. C.) nurses should provide a caring environment. d.) nurses should cultivate their spiritual practice of the wholeness of the spirit/body/mind beyond ego. F.) should be open to miracles in the case of inexplicable and unexpected life events. The relational showing of care to oneself and other is on the philosophical/ethical and moral foundation of values and love. The transpersonal caring relationship as proposed in this theory means the need to show moral commitment in enhancing and protecting human dignity and showing love and respect to other persons (Nursing Theories, 2012).
1. Managing the illness and health status of the patient; in doing so, I have to provide services for health promotion, disease prevention, protection interventions and anticipatory guidelines to help patients regain their health.
2. Establish patient-nurse relationships that will provide a climate for mutual trusts. it also means proving emotional support and comfort
3. Be involved in teaching and coaching in matters of their health education and ensuring their change of behavior.
4. I will play a professional role in ensuing safety of care, demonstrating evidence-based approaches of care and collaborating with other health care providers
5. I will negotiate and manage the systems of healthcare delivery, for example, I will incorporate cost, access, quality and efficacy of care when making decisions
6. Ensuring and monitoring the quality of my practice
7. Providing culturally-sensitive care (W. Cary Edwards School, 2017)
Cary Edwards school of Nursing (2017) PRACTICUM PACKET MSN degree and Graduate Nursing Certificate Students.
Nursing Theories (2012). Jean Watson's Philosophy of Nursing.
About the AuthorWinnie Melda
Joined: December 7th, 2017
Articles Posted: 364
Guitar Theory Revolution
My name is Neil and I’m a London based musician and guitar teacher. My specialty is helping people who have always struggled to learn, understand and use music theory. Take a look at my Guitar Theory Revolution course and start learning today!
Guitar Theory Revolution
Guitar Theory Revolution Academy is the exclusive members area where you will find my complete method. It consists of several different resources; books, videos diagrams and MP3s.
Guitar Notes Master
Maximize your practice time by using this software tutor to quickly learn the fundamentals of guitar fretboard theory: note positions, intervals, chords, scales and arpeggios - even away from your guitar!
Guitar and Piano Chords Together | StringTheoryChords.com
String Theory Chords is the number one source for viewing Guitar and Piano Chords together on all your devices. Easily convert and play Guitar Chords on Piano and Piano Chords on Guitar. With our selection e-Books in PC desktop and mobile formats, you ca
Alice In Wonderland Quotes Mad Hatter Cheshire Cat White Rabbit Red Queen Characters Book
101 Famous Quotes from Alice In Wonderland complete interactive edition including 101 Famous Quotes, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass and the Missing Chapter, Wasp In A Wig
Sistema Libertad para la Disfuncion Erectil
El Sistema Libertad es un sistema Ãºnico que estÃ¡ ayudando a miles de hombres a combatir la DisfunciÃ³n ErÃ©ctil. DescÃºbrelo ahora y comienza hoy mismo a disfrutar de una vida mÃ¡s plena!