Advantage and Disadvantage of FILLINGS
Posted by scott1 on October 10th, 2018
A filling can help the damaged tooth to be restored and prevent decays by closing areas where bacteria can enter the tooth.
There are different types of fillings using in dental clinics in Dubai :
- Gold fillings are the most expensive choice, it made in a laboratory and then stuck on place. Gum tissues can tolerate gold inlays well, and may last more than 20 years. For these many advantage , many dentists in Dubai use gold as the best material for filling.
- silver fillings we can't use them in visible areas ,such as front teeth. Because its dark color, and more invisible than plastic or silver restorations .
- They are resistant wore and comparatively inexpensive.
- Composite (plastic) resins when you need a natural appearance for your teeth specially the front teeth and you aren't a smoker or coffee and tea drinker ,you should choose this one because they have the same color as the natural teeth .but in a long term they may be stained again .they can't be used for long time because they may deteriorate over time .The dentist mixes the ingredients and places it directly into the cavity, where they tighten, but do not last as long as other types of fillings they can last from 3 to 10 years.
- Porcelain fillings dentists call them inlays or onlays they are prepared in a lab and then be fasten to the patient teeth. Their color can be as same as the tooth. It can cover most parts of the teeth. It is as expensive as gold .
- If the tooth has dangerous fracture or decay the dentist may recommend another thing with the filling such as a cap or a crown, but if the nerve has been affected too, there are two ways to be treated .
* Root Canal Therapy…when there is a very bad damaged reached to the nerve, dentist may remove the nerve.
* Pulp Capping Procedure… dentist use it to protect the nerve .
Filling's steps :
- Dubai dentist first uses a local anesthetic to minimize pain .
- Next the dentist will use laser or drill to remove decay from tooth .
- Then the dentist prepare the place for the filling by shaping it .
- The dentist may use a liner to put it inside the tooth in order to protect the tooth pulp and polish the surface .
- Dental filling is a good way to help damaged tooth to be restored back to the normal position and shape .
- Give a damaged tooth normal shape after it .
- Helps prevent other decays by eliminating areas where bacteria can get inside the tooth.
- Has many types so patent can choose which associate him .
Disadvantages (side effects):
Also See: Damaged Tooth, Where Bacteria, Areas Where, Prevent Decays, Tooth, Filling, Dentist
- The patient may feel a pain around the filling area .
- There may be abnormal sensitivity .
- If you have two kinds of filling you may feel pain when they touch each other.
- Feeling of disintegration of dental fillings.
The Secrets to Drawing Video Course
The Secrets to Drawing is a comprehensive learning experience designed to guide absolute beginners and intermediate artists through the core foundations of drawing through concise and "easy to digest" modules that include HD videos and ebooks.