How to prevent sports injuries
Posted by Meredith S. Woods on October 24th, 2018
We all know very well that almost any sport is quite traumatic, so safety precautions should be observed in class. You can get injuries - light or serious - if you do the exercises incorrectly or overload your body.
How to prevent sports injuries
Most sports injuries can be prevented if you know some subtleties and safety rules when you start physical activity:
1) Do the workout. A proper warm-up helps prevent most sports injuries and discomfort during the basic fitness program. You should warm up before the main exercises for 5 minutes. Of these, do 3 minutes of exercise with a small load, to slightly increase blood circulation in the muscles, and devote the remaining 2 minutes to light stretching. Make sure that you warm up exactly the muscles with which you are going to work.
2) Start very carefully. If you start a sports program carefully enough, without overloading your body with complex exercises, this will allow your heart, lungs, and pressure to adjust to the load gradually. It can also help people with asthma to avoid shortness of breath and wheezing associated with physical activity.
3) Do not overstrain and do relaxation exercises after class. If you overstretch during exercises and also do not perform relaxing exercises after practice, for the next 36 hours your muscles can be very stiff and painful because they accumulate lactic acid and intercellular fluid. Muscle pain and stiffness can last a week, so you hardly want to do this week, and a break will destroy all the benefits of exercise. After class, make a hitch - relaxing light exercises like the ones you do at the beginning of classes: 3 minutes of light exercises and 2 minutes of stretching.
4) Drink more fluids. During the hot summer months, during sports, you will easily lose moisture, so your body may be dehydrated. According to the Journal of Sports Science, if you lose even 2 percent of the fluid, you cannot properly perform the exercises. And if you lose 5 percent of water, then the ability to endure physical exertion drops by a third. Dehydration also affects mental concentration and skills, so it has a huge impact on the performance of athletes participating in team games that require certain accumulated skills and making difficult decisions. Drink more water before workouts and during exercise, especially if you are doing endurance exercises.
5) Wear protective accessories. Some sports require you to wear special accessories that protect against injury. For example, a helmet, knee pads, ankle support, shin pads on the elbow, and so on.
About the AuthorMeredith S. Woods
Joined: October 24th, 2018
Articles Posted: 1
Claim 1 FREE Stock! No Purchase Necessary!
You have a 100% chance of receiving one free stock! Click to claim and have a chance to get one share of Facebook, Visa, Microsoft and others for free!
FREE App - Earn up to 25¢/gal cash back on gas!
Download this FREE app and earn cash-back when you buy gas, groceries and food! 100% FREE to join and FREE to earn cash back on your everyday purchases!
Quality Office Furniture USA Shipped Direct - Madison Liquidators
Nationwide vendor of quality office furnishings including Desks, Office Chairs, Conference Tables, Cubicles and more!
Earn HNT Tokens with a Helium Hotspot!
Pre-Order a Helium hotspot and earn HNT tokens that are redeemable for USD. Set it and forget it!
Lolli: Earn Free Bitcoin When You Shop Online!
Lolli is a rewards application that gives you bitcoin for shopping at your favorite online stores.
Fold - Earn free bitcoin when you shop
Earn bitcoin cashback rewards when you shop at top retailers, including Amazon, Uber, Starbucks, Chipotle, and more. Download the app, sync your payment method and start earning bitcoin today!