There are instances where you can just not take a risk and require materials that tend to deliver in all the areas that have been discussed above. It is for this very reason why Aluminum PCBs are such huge hit amongst the masses.
But it can’t be the only reason? We discussed with some of the best China PCB manufacturers around to get their views on the subject and came up with the following reasons that prompt for such excessive usage of Aluminum in the market lately.
What is Aluminum PCBs?
These are the specialized boards that use metal in the very core making the PCBs metal core printed circuit boards or as the acronym goes: MCPCB. The metal that is used changes with the application it will be used for. In modern times aluminum has become one of the most popular choices for MCPCB for the following reasons:
• It is lightweight
• It is a good thermal conductor
• It is a good electrical insulator
• It delivers performance especially when used with copper laminates
An aluminum PCB can dissipate heat in the electronic product it is used in preventing it from overheating itself. Most of the standards we have in the market use fire-resistant laminate and a core which is made from aluminum. It also comes with a thermal clad laminate that helps with heat dissipation. Areas where you want deliverance and high performance and that too at high power, these aluminum MCPCBs tend to be a perfect fit for those areas.
The layers in Aluminum PCB
Before we proceed further, we need to understand how an aluminum PCB is made and what layers are used in its manufacturing to give it such high powers.
1. The main circuit layer which consists of a foil of copper. You can have foils in varying weights that may range anywhere from 1 ounce to 10 ounces.
2. The thermal insulation layer of the PCB helps give it the ability to dissipate heat in the circuit. For this, a ceramic polymer is used which is not only a good thermal resistor but also has viscoelastic properties. This layer also protects the circuit from potential thermal stress or mechanical damage.
3. The third layer is the substrate base made from aluminum alloy.
Where are Aluminum PCBs used?
What are some of the most common areas where you would find the aluminum PCBS in high demand?
• High power scanners
• Interior lighting
• signal Beacons
• Landscape lighting
• Power Converters
• Lighting used in Operation theaters in hospitals
These are just some of the many uses of these boards. Aluminum PCBs are modern, powerful and really efficient. To know more about how these boards are changing the world of electronics, log in to RayPCB.com right away.
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com595,123 total articles and counting.