Things To Know About Same-Sex Partner Visa For Australia

Posted by link2aus on November 12th, 2018

Being in a same-sex relationship is a wonderful feeling for any lovers but living and married to that person freely is frustrating and disturbing. It feels at best and life-threatening at worst. There are some countries that support same-sex marriage immigration and allow these partners to live the best life in peace and freedom.

Australia is one of the countries who are recognized for a variety of relationship. Due to the well-developed infrastructure, friendly environment, good government support always attracts people from different countries to live and work here. If you are in a relationship with an Australian Permanent Resident or citizen there is a visa that is right for you and enables you to live here with your partner freely which called as Same-Sex Partner Visa for Australia.

As per the partner visa, all same-sex relationship was by now eligible to apply as de facto partners but at the present also have access to the partner visa scheme as a married couple. As Australia has legal same-sex marriages, now you can bring your abroad partner as your spouse once you are lawfully married in Australia.

There are many alternatives for these couples to apply Same-Sex Partner Visa for Australia that have improved after Australian legislation was changed to permit same-sex marriage. Australia has legalized same-sex marriage after the majority of Australians voted in favor of marriage equality.

As per the Australian law, now the same-sex marriages are recognized, it is easily possible to apply for a partner visa based on marriage. As per the marriage act, the Australian government gives 30 days that must be given before a marriage can take place. There is no longer any bias in Australia.

In order to apply for the Same-Sex Partner Visa for Australia, usually, the couple is supposed to meet criteria set out by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), which includes:

  • The same-sex partners have a genuine relationship and must have a minimum of 12 months.
  • Both the partners must be over the 18 years of age.
  • They should meet health and character requirements.
  • They must demonstrate that your relationship is real and continuing.
  • They have to show proof of joint financial transparency.
  • They also have to show evidence of your relationship in a social context.
  • They have to show that you remained committed to each other even during periods of separation.

The entire process is very complex so you need to hire registered migration agent that can help you throughout the entire process of Same-Sex Partner Visa for Australia.

Link To Directory
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members

Copyright 2020
710,230 total articles and counting.