Post Dinner Alert! Mouth-watering Chana Dal Halwa
Posted by sandeepw on November 27th, 2018
Desserts after dinner is a ritual. No matter how much ever you are full, you will have that space left for desserts. Everyone has that sweet-tooth craving and that too at any time of the day. I personally cannot resist sweets and that too regardless of I am on a diet or not. One of my favourites is Chana Dal Halwa. I make this yummy Halwa very often as it doesn’t take much time to get prepared and the ingredients too, are already there in the kitchen. Below is the step by step recipe to make the mouth-watering Chana Dal Halwa. Do try it!
Making of Chana Dal Halwa:
1. To make this mouth-watering Chana Dal Halwa, take Chana Dal in a bowl and wash it with enough water for at least 4-5 times. Drain all the water and the soak Chana Dal in fresh water for about 4-5 hours.
2. After 4-5 hours, transfer the Chana Dal into the pressure cooker. Add 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook Chana Dal for 1-2 whistles. After that switch off the gas and allow the cooker to cool down.
3. Once cooled, transfer the Chana Dal into a blender and grind it without using water. Now, take a pan and heat some ghee in it. Once the ghee is heated, add the Chana Dal mix to the pan. Mix well and then cook until the mixture turns brown in colour.
4. Keep stirring at regular intervals. Then, add hot milk and 1 cup of hot water to the pan. Mix well and then cook on a medium flame for about 3-4 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken. Again keep stirring at regular intervals.
5. Now, add the sugar and mix well. Then add the cardamom powder and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for about 1-2 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring at regular intervals.
6. Yummy Chana Dal Halwa is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped dry fruits before serving. Relish the Halwa after dinner with your entire family.
The author of the article is an engineer but always dreamt of becoming a chef. However things didn’t go well, but, still fulfils his dream by cooking on weekends. He always gets the sweet tooth craving at any time of the day, When asked him, his guilty pleasure. The answer was Chana Dal Halwa.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorsandeepw
Joined: June 7th, 2018
Articles Posted: 33
More by this author