COMMON TIPS TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN YOUR WHITE LEATHER COUCH
Posted by arfat07 on November 28th, 2018
Wipe up spills as soon as they happen to minimize the chance of staining. Even if you’re fast with the cleanup, stains will happen so you need to know how to clean white leather shoes, how to clean a white leather purse and how to clean a white leather sofa. Grab one of these items and get going.
Nail Polish Remover or Rubbing Alcohol
To remove ink on white leather couch cleaning, dip a cotton swab in nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol and blot the stain. Don’t rub or you may cause the ink to spread. Once you’ve removed the stain, clean the area with a mild solution of liquid dish soap and warm water. Wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
Baking Soda or Cornstarch
To remove oil or grease on white leather couch, sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on spot. Rub it in, gently. Let sit for a few hours or overnight. The soda or starch will absorb the oil. Wipe off the powder with a soft cloth.
Wet the stained area affected on white leather couch with a damp cloth. Don’t soak the area, just dampen it. Dab a bit of non-gel toothpaste on the stain. Use a soft toothbrush to scrub away the stain. Wipe the area with a clean cloth when finished, then dry with a towel. Toothpaste will also remove scuffs.
Lemon Juice and Cream of Tartar
Mix equal parts of each into a paste. Apply to stain and let sit for about 30 minutes. Use a damp sponge to remove the paste. Lemon juice and cream of tartar have a mild bleaching effect that will help leather furniture stain removal.
Once your item is clean, apply leather conditioner to keep the surface from drying out and cracking. Conditioner also makes the leather resistant to future stains and gives it a nice shine. Knowing how to clean leather will help you keep furniture and apparel lovely and make it last.
Below are steps you can follow to maintain white leather couch:
1. Attend to stains or spillage immediately.
Stains or spillages need to be removed as soon as it takes place. The longer stains remain on the sofa, the harder it will be to remove it. Place layers of kitchen papers to remove excess stains from the upholstery as soon as spillage occurs. Do not rub or wipe the spillage excessively or you may end up spreading the stain.
Then take a damp clean cloth, preferably white colour, and start blotting the stain with water. If water is insufficient to remove the stain, blot the stain with little amount of dishwashing detergent or shampoo. Then rinse by blotting the cleaned spot with a clean damp cloth. Blow dry the damp spot till thoroughly dry.
2. Do not eat or drink on the sofa.
Food and beverage stains are common stains found on sofa seats. Some of these stains contain food colouring that can potentially cause permanent marks on your sofa especially if they are left unattended for a long time.
3. Rotate your sofa set once a month if facing the sun to prevent unbalanced discoloration from sunlight.
4. Cover the fabric furniture with slipcover if you are holding party to minimise direct staining.
5. Minimise activities that may potentially leave stains when using the upholstered furniture e.g. writing, nail polishing, eating, drinking, etc.
6. Vacuum sofa frames, seats and cushions weekly to remove embedded dirt. Removing accumulated dust and dirt in the fabric upholstery not only helps to improve indoor air quality. Accumulated dust and dirt on the sofa fabric may darken the upholstery, causing the fabric or upholstery to look dull and dirty. Leather sofa should be wiped bi-weekly to minimise stains caused by body grease and dirt.
7. Do not attempt using cleaning products from DIY stores if you are unsure. Many off the shelves cleaning products do not contain sufficient cleaning instructions and may contain chemicals that are not suitable for your sofa. If in doubt, always check back with the shop manager where you bought your sofa set from.
8. Engage professional leather couch cleaning service yearly upholstery cleaning melbourne, or more frequently, depending on usage and soiling condition. professional upholstery cleaning service is needed to thoroughly clean and refreshes the upholstery, especially if there are stains that need to be removed.
Step by step instructions to Keep Your Office And Couch Clean
How To Clean Different Types Of Couch
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com502,837 total articles and counting.