- Confirm About Renovation Restrictions – When you are planning to buy a property for sale in the UK, it is important to check that whether it is listed or not. In case the property is listed, it becomes essential to get listed building consent for doing necessary alterations.
- Choose Best Contractors – Get recommendations from family and friends and find an architect, builder and, if needed, a project manager. Involving experts in this job will help you get a perfect idea of the costs involved.
- Right Insurance – If you are hiring a contractor for the job, make sure that the contractor has site insurance which covers public liability, employer’s liability, legal expenses and damages on site. This is important in the case if any unthinkable situation occurs, not being insured will have a major impact on your project.
- Assess The Property Condition and Stabilise It – The first stage of any renovation process is to get a detailed evaluation of the property condition as any building vacant from a long time will inescapably start to depreciate. Also carry out a condition survey that will report well on issues such as damp, infestation or subsidence.
- Pick Your Battles – If you are having any constraints related to space or budget, prioritize what is more important to you before making any decision. Make sure that you don’t over-spend or over specify on areas that will not add any value in future.
Period property renovation can become a nightmare when not done strategically. Impractical mistakes can cost you thousands. If you’re looking to bring your home to its former period glory, following this step guide will help you avoid the pitfalls that a renovation project may pose to you both in terms of costly mistakes and bad decisions and also your general wellbeing, health and of course your bank balance.
About the Author:
Ivo Moravec is the founder of Withoutestateagency.co.uk. The main aim of the company is to create a platform for the house owners, tenants and buyers where they can easily interact with each other and elude regulations from third parties. If you want more information on rental property in London, UK or property sale in the UK, visit withoutestateagency.co.uk.Also See: Period Property, Withoutestateagency Co, Very Captivating, Property Renovation, Property, Period, RenovationTop Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com515,668 total articles and counting.