Choosing the best software during pharmacy conversions
Posted by matheiurobine on December 21st, 2018
An automated system is useful only when it is made with the latest technology. At the pace at which technology is evolving these days, old systems get redundant before long. Hence it is essential to either keep updating the system running or convert the older and outdated software with newer ones that have been made with up-to-date know-how. Either your existing systems have the flexibility to be revised and upgraded with each new introduction of technology or discard it and get going with one of the latest ones.
The above is true for all industries. For the pharmaceutical industry, it is more valid and applicable because in this industry the product is life-centric and heath-oriented. Hence it is essential that your stock levels and data be maintained with the minutest precision and fine detailing. At the same time, the software that becomes the life-line of your day-to-day operations needs to be smart, easy to operate and extremely user-friendly.
Pharmacy conversion is all about discarding your old software system but not losing out on the essential and critical data. The new system should be able to read the old data without making your operations suffer. When planning and deciding to go in for software pharmacy conversion the owner of a pharmacy needs to consider the following essential points:-
• Ensure that the company takes on the responsibility of data conversion so that your crucial information is not lost out. In the medical industry patient data and doctor details need to be salvaged at all times. And one of the last things that a pharmacy would want to do is to lose out all previous data and files and rework on the same with the new software.
• Ensure that the company follows a properly laid down training schedule. They should make available training videos before the actual training so that your staff members can get accustomed to the system. It should be followed by an onsite hands-on live training that is taken by authorized training representatives from the company — simulated training where sample data is used to provide your staff members with a simulated real-time environment working of the new software.
• One-time reinforcement training after the initial settling-down period is also a must to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
• The company should depute its staff members at the store or the pharmacy to help and support your staff members to run the operations of the store using the new software after the pharmacy conversion. It is to ensure that all software related issues can be handled immediately and the daily activities do not suffer because your team needs time to work smoothly with the new pharmacy software.
• All timelines and hand-holding timeframes should be mentioned in the contract. Generally, reputed companies providing pharmacy conversions provide for at least a month to three months of handholding.
• Customer support services need to be one of the focus points of the company. They should be following up with your staff on a regular basis to understand the issues, strengths, and weaknesses of the new software.Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com599,800 total articles and counting.