10 Things To Do In Rishikesh Every Traveler Should Try
Posted by Payal Mathur on December 29th, 2018
Uttarakhand houses in jewels like Rishikesh. The spiritual town of Rishikesh has come out to be known as the Yoga capital of the world. Not just piousness, Rishikesh has become one of the hottest hubs for adventure sports too, water sports being one of the major ones. So, we bring you 10 of the most amazing things to do in which every traveler should try:
1. Rishikesh is the ideal place to binge on adventure sports like rappelling and rock climbing, kayaking, cliff jumping, bungee jumping, giant swing, parasailing, and paragliding, flying fox, body surfing, trekking, waterfall trekking, mountain trekking, beach volleyball, mountain biking, etc.
2. The most important thing that comes to our mind when Rishikesh is mentioned is river rafting. Both of them go hand in hand. The best place to experience river rafting is undoubtedly Rishikesh. A trip to Rishikesh is incomplete without a river rafting experience.
3. Camping with your friends in Rishikesh is known to be an unforgettable experience. Rishikesh is full of little spots with the Ganges flowing right beside you, the stars shining above, and the warmth of the bonfire will give you an amazing company.
4. Ayurveda is the gift of India to the world. Rishikesh is where your mind and body find utter serenity. Ayurvedic massages in Rishikesh are provided keeping different budgets in mind. Best places to enjoy traditional Ayurveda massages and therapies here are Ayurveda Bhavan, Hemadri Ayurveda Centre, Braham Yoga and Healing and Ananda in the Himalayas among others.
5. Apart from adventure sports, Rishikesh is also known for Yoga and meditation as an inseparable soul of this city. You will find many Yoga and meditation centers in Rishikesh. This is the best way to rejuvenate yourself in Rishikesh. Omkarananda Ganga Sadan, Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Shree Mahesh Heritage School and Sivananda Ashram are among the top Rishikesh ashrams.
6. Rishikesh’s food culture is highly varied as well as impressive. You can enjoy a cold breeze too in a cafe with the raw setting and a view of the Ganges. Whether it is pasta or dal fry, there is a variety of food in Rishikesh and several options to choose from for the foodies. Most of the cafes and restaurants of Rishikesh are budget-friendly and provide free WiFi.
7. Another interesting sports activity in Rishikesh is hot air ballooning. This sport is mesmerizing. Enjoy the cool breeze up above and enjoy the aerial view of the incredible city from up above. There is no specific age requirement and fitness prerequisite to going on a hot air balloon.
8. Expose yourself to the tranquil end of the city by attending the Ganga aarti in Rishikesh and witness the vibrant Hindu culture and customs. Let your spiritual side take over and experience the mesmerizing Ganga aarti.
9. The Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram (Chaurasi Kutia) in Rishikesh which is also famously known as The Beatles Ashram should be on your ‘must-visit’ places in Rishikesh. Hangout with your friends at the popular Beatles Ashram and jive to the music.
10. A visit to Rishikesh is incomplete without visiting the iconic Lakshman Jhula. The view from the bridge is a spectacular one and crossing the bridge is something which you should try. It is one of the busiest spots in Rishikesh as it is surrounded by markets and bazaars.
Rishikesh tourism has a lot to offer in terms of activities and things to do for people of all ages. It is a sacred and devout place known for its temples and visited by many of the older generations. At the same time, the young and the adventurous can also have fun trying out the variety of adventure sports available. This is the reason why Rishikesh has two names and is rightly called the Land of God, and The Adventure Capital of India.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorPayal Mathur
Joined: December 29th, 2018
Articles Posted: 11
More by this author