• Corporate having a track record of one year and more are eligible to apply for the certificate.
Documents required for getting Tax Residency Certificate in UAE
1. Copy of the passport.
2. Copy of valid Emirates ID.
3. A certified copy of lease agreement.
4. Salary certificate.
5. Certified copy of bank statement.
6. Residency Report from G D R FA
7. Tax forms from the requesting country
1. Copy of the trade license
2. Certified copy of Establishment contract
3. A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ passports
4. A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ IDs
5. A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ permits of residence
6. A certified copy of the audited accounts
7. A validated 6-month bank statement
Procedure of getting the certificate
These are the steps which occur while issuing a certificate:
1. When a company/individual submits all the documents, an online account for the applicant is created on the MoF portal.
2. For reviewing and checking your documents, a tax residence certificate application form is filled out and uploaded alongside the supporting documents to be approved by the MoF.
3. Once the MoF approves the documents, fees are paid electronically and the certificate is generated.
4. This is then made available for collection at Ministry or couriered to a domestic address.
Time Duration required for issuance of the certificate
1. Approximately 2 weeks for approving the certificate.
2. Approximately 2 week for the delivery of certificate.
1. The MoF has set a requirement for an individual applicant to have spent at least 180 days in the UAE within the year after the applications.
2. Mandatory conditions are residential addresses in the UAE and tenancy contract in the applicant’s name to apply for a TRC.
3. The MoF will not accept any foreign bank statements. It is necessary for the applicant to have a UAE personal bank account in the UAE. Also, to have held this account for a minimum of 6 months.
4. The MoF also requires the latest 6 months statements to be stamped by the UAE bank.
5. One can obtain backdated Tax Residency Certificates. The MoF allows applicants to backdate their Tax Residence Certificate application as long as there is documented proof of the applicant having had a UAE residency visa, 6 months UAE bank statements and a residential address for that period.
Everything About Tax Residency Certificate UAE
Are you confused about the Tax residency certificate implemented in UAE and want to know about it; then we have sorted it out for you in the following blog. Globalization has led to cross-country trad...
Tax, Tax And More Tax. What A Bummer! Here's How To Handle It.
When you run a business, it can feel like you spend far too much of your time worrying about tax. Here's a quick guide to the what you need to know about tax.What Do You Qualify For?There are all ...