Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market Trends and Outlook 2018?2024
Posted by Venkatesh on January 21st, 2019
According to new market research report by IndustryARC, titled “Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market: By Type (Solanaceae [Tomato, Pepper, Eggplant], Cucurbit [Melon, Cucumber, Squash], Root-Bulb [Onion, Carrot], Brassica [Cabbage, Broccoli, Others], Leafy Veggie [Lettuce, Spinach, Others], Others; By Geography – (2018-2023)”, the market is expected to reach $ 8970.308 million in 2023 with a CAGR of 6.9%.
Europe dominates the Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market during the forecast period
Europe is expected to reach 37.0104 million by 2023. This is attributed to the high demand for good quality, high performing seeds. The growth of urbanization in the region, along with an increase in the population and the growing demand for organic food products will amplify the revenue in Europe.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market with China and India with increasing plantation of fruits and vegetables. Organic agriculture dominates the market in the Asia Pacific. This segment projects a heightened industry growth in the Asia Pacific region.
The US has also become a pioneer in agriculture. Its productivity is attributed to the agricultural policies and increasing awareness among farmers regarding the latest technologies like environmental home protection. The growing adoption of genetically modified farming and combat pesticide have been the main drivers for the fruit and vegetable seeds in the region. The US is the second largest producer of lettuce and spinach. It is the third largest producer of onion, tomato, and carrot, and watermelon.
Selected Regulatory Analysis done in the full Report:
Solanaceae is a family of flowering plants, also known as nightshade. It includes more than 3,000 species of vegetables. The major fruit-bearing vegetables under this family includes tomatoes, eggplant, and pepper. This class of plants is present near the equator or in tropical regions like South America, Central America, Africa, and Southeast Asia. The members of this family are annuals, biennials, and perennials, and are characterized by solitary or clustered and fused petal flowers.
Excerpts Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
• Growth of the global population and the need for higher yields along with decreasing arable land, drive the Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market.
• Increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables and the demand for organic and nutritional foods amplify the revenue for the market. Benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables is also an asset to the industry.
• Developing economies in Africa, Asia Pacific, and Europe have more fruit and vegetable seeds demand according to Food and Agriculture Organization. Europe holds a major share in the market in terms of revenue.
• Growth in urban farming activities like aquaponics and hydroponics in developed countries such as the U.S., Germany, the UK, and Canada boosts the demand for the seeds for the production of fruits and vegetables in households.
• Production of vegetables is a remunerative business. A huge income can be produced from small land holdings. This is estimated to increase the penetration of the market for the next few years as vertical farming, farming as a hobby grows.
To Access/Purchase the full report, please browse the link below:
Key Players of the Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market
Emerald Seed Company
Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market is segmented as below:
Vegetables serve as an important part of the human diet providing various nutrients which are necessary for the normal functioning of the body. There is a growing demand for hybrid crops with greater productivity, owing to which the adoption of vegetable seeds has significantly been affected in recent years.
• Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market By Type
• Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market By Application
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team and can provide a separate quote based on your requirements. You can drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorVenkatesh
Joined: August 23rd, 2018
Articles Posted: 184
More by this author