Top 5 Medical Tourism Destinations Around The World
Posted by medicalvacation on February 7th, 2019
Some developing countries in the world have managed to build great healthcare infrastructure while minimizing costs, which has allowed them to deliver world-class services for as little as two or three dollars. Today, health has become an ever increasing priority and to be able to access good quality healthcare in all places is very important. This means that you need to find destinations that have high standards of excellence and are able to potentially save you from huge medical bills. Medical tourism is seeing a rise in many countries in Asia, America and Europe. People are constantly on the lookout for the best heart surgeons in India or the best plastic surgeons in Mexico. There are many agencies that promote such inexpensive healthcare for potential visitors from countries where the costs are exorbitant.
So, which are the best countries in the world to get affordable surgeries and checkups? Here is a list of five such countries that have made a name for themselves in the field of medical tourism:
1. Singapore: Singapore, which is one of the most developed countries in the world, ranks number one on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) healthcare rankings in Asia. Healthcare costs in Singapore are almost 20% to 45% lesser than what it is in the United States. Hospitals in this country offer state-of-the-art facilities and trained specialists for all kinds of ailments.
2. India: India’s medical tourism market is expected to grow to more than billion in the next couple of years. It is the preferred destination for patients from neighboring countries that do not have well developed healthcare services. Certain surgeries that cost more than 0,000 in countries like the U.S. or Canada can be done for a fraction of that cost in India.
3. Mexico: According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), some of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the U.S. are breast augmentation and liposuction. These procedures can sometimes cost more than ,000. However, if you are looking to save some money on them, Mexico is the place for you. Clinics in Mexico provide these services for as low as 00. You can consult My Medical Vacations to choose plastic surgeons in Mexico who are some of the best in the field.
4. Brazil: Brazil has the best healthcare sector in South America, according to the WHO. It has some of the world’s most renowned surgeons. Brazil is known for high quality cosmetic and plastic surgical services that are available at highly affordable rates. This is enough for a huge influx of health travelers to this country.
5. Malaysia: In South-East Asia, Malaysia ranks high in the field of healthcare. Health travelers from the U.S. can save up to 80% of what they would normally spend at American hospitals or clinics. The airports in Malaysia also provide special concierge services for medical tourists.
As the medical tourism sector is growing, the market is becoming more competitive. More countries offering affordable healthcare might spring up in the future, which means that there will be more places for patients to seek quality care at low prices.
Author’s bio: The author is a blogger. This article is about medical tourism.