Typical Applications of Unmanaged Ethernet Switches
Posted by unipoeunipoe on February 27th, 2019
Industrial Ethernet switches provide flexible installation, space reliability and maintainability, which is indispensable for the factories to install and support thousands of Ethernet control devices. Compared with other network solutions, industrial Ethernet has the following advantages: flexible layout, high automation data capacity, high popularity, etc. Unmanaged Ethernet switch provides point-to=point connections with low installation cost to enable the formation of Ethernet networks.
The unmanaged Ethernet switch has the following application advantages:
1. High-performance Ethernet connection--fast response without unnecessary traffic.
2. Universal--it can easily combine with existing equipment and new equipment.
3. Low installation cost--it can be easily retrofitted and put into the junction box or control panel.
4. Easy Ethernet maintenance--plug and play without software configuration.
1. OEN machinery and small manufacturing system connection;
2. Automobile and discrete component manufacturers;
3. Quality monitoring system;
5. Low-cost expansion for Ethernet-based medium / large manufacturing processes;
7. Municipal infrastructure.
The standard function unmanaged Ethernet switch has four application categories:
1. SFNB (basic function ultra-thin)--used for Ethernet data interchange between the most basic 5 port and 8 port twisted pair (T ×) applications.
2. SF (standard function flat) and SFN (standard function ultra-thin)-- 5, 8 and 16 port conventional industrial applications with additional performance and safety options.
3. SFNT (bandwidth standard function ultra-thin)--in addition to all functions of SFN, it also has the ability to adapt to harsh and outdoor environments with the function of remote monitoring;
4. SFN gigabyte--with all kinds of twisted pair and multimode single-mode optical fiber interfaces, it can meet the high-performance Gigabit application.