Easiest Recipe for making delicious Black Forest Cake
Posted by Tarun on February 28th, 2019
If you are thinking to make something special for your loved one, then look nowhere else. We have come up with the best and the easiest recipe for the Black Forest Cake. Bake one for your loved ones or your family members and make a perfect personalized gift for them. The Black Forest Cake is a tasty confection that comprises of the most appealing and dense chocolate taste. It is loved by all and is the main ingredient of all kinds of celebrations. This recipe for making the Black Forest Cake is easy to follow for the experts as well as novices.
Recipe for the Black Forest Cake:
Ingredients for Cake Layers:
- Large Eggs (room temperature): 9 Large
- Granulated sugar: 1 cup
- All Purpose flour or maida: 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder (unsweetened): ½ cup
- Butter, melted and cooled to the room temperature: ¼ cup unsalted
- Vanilla Extract: ½ Tbsp
- Bing Cherries Pitted (with or without stalks): 4 cups
- Whole cherries for garnishing: 10 to 12
- Kirsch or Cherry Liquor: 3 tbsp
- Heavy whipped cream: 3 ½ cup
- Confectioner’s Sugar: 1/3 cup
- Kirsch: 1 tbsp
- Dark Chocolate: 4 ounce
You can order all the ingredients online or buy them at some supermarket. To save more, you can use the Big Bazaar offers on online shopping as mega festive sale is going on these days.
Recipe for the cake:
- Beat the eggs with a whisk for 1 minute at high speed. Add 1 cup sugar gradually and whisk at high speed. The mixture will get fluffy and thick.
- Whisk the flour and cocoa powder and sift it into the batter. Use a spatula to fold between each addition of the mixture. Keep on folding with the spatula till flour streaks get dissolved. Avoid over-folding as it will deflate the batter.
- Gently add vanilla to the butter. Add it to the flour gently to avoid butter getting collected at the bottom.
- Line to 9-inch cake pans with the parchment paper. Don’t grease them. Put equal quantities of batter in each one and bake in a preheated oven. Keep the temperature at 350˚F and bake for 20-25 minutes. Do the toothpick test to check it.
- Let the pan cool and transfer the cake to the cooling rack.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, you can slice them in layers. Use a long knife.
Recipe for syrup:
Chop the pitted bing cherries and put them in a medium-sized bowl. Add the Kirsch. Leave it for half an hour and keep stirring after regular intervals. Drain the cherries and keep them aside. Add ¼ cup cold water to it.
Making the cream:
Beat the heavy cream with on high-speed till soft peaks are formed. Add the sugar and kirsch and keep on beating. The mixture will become stiff. Put in the fridge for using later.
Making the cake:
- Place the layer number one and brush with the syrup.
- Add a layer of generous frosting and put the chopped cherries.
- Repeat the process for getting four layers in total.
- Once the layers have been put together, fill the gaps with frosting yet again.
- The cake has been assembled now. Now you have to grate refrigerated chocolate for making flakes for garnishing.
- Spread the flakes all over the cake generously.
- Finally, you can put the frosting in an icing cone with a wide nozzle and make small flowers on the topmost layer.
- After making a full circle, you can place the whole cherries in the center of the cake. You can also put them alternately with the frosting drops; or over them.
- If you wish to write something on the cake, then garnish the cherries on the circumference.
- Finally, you have to refrigerate the cake. Ideally, it should be done for a whole night. But 4 to 5 hours is also enough.
So, get all the ingredients ready and make the cake right now. For it is less than one day for the V-day. Don’t forget to use the Big Bazaar Coupons to make your shopping more comfortable and better.