The Professional Tax Rate in Karnataka
In the state of Karnataka, professional taxes are levied as per the Karnataka Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employment Act, 1976. If persons in Karnataka who earn wage and salary less than Rs 15000 per month, then professional tax does not apply to them. If someone in Karnataka is earning more than Rs 15000 per month, then per month he needs to pay Rs 200 as professional tax.
Who are Exempted from Paying Professional Tax in Karnataka?
There are certain classes of people who do not need to pay professional tax in the state of Karnataka. List of the persons exempted from payment of professional tax in Karnataka is given below:
- All the charitable hospitals
- Nursing Homes
- Director of companies being registered in the State and being nominated by financing agencies.
- Technicians who belong to other countries but working in the state of Karnataka.
How to enroll for professional tax registration in Karnataka?
Persons wish to wish to register themselves for professional taxes in Karnataka need to follow the guidelines listed below:
- Persons wish to register themselves for professional taxes in Karnataka need to visit the official personal tax website.
- By visiting the website the persons can apply online for registration.
- Eligible Person requires to find out the link for professional tax enrollment and need to click on the same
- After that persons need to follow the instructions as appear on the website.
Karnataka professional tax e-payment
Procedure to make e-payment of professional tax in Karnataka is given below:
- A professional taxpayer can pay the professional tax through online by visiting the official website.
- The website allows taxpayers to submit tax returns and make payment of professional tax by entering their personal and financial details.
- Taxpayers can also generate the certificate of Tax payment online without contacting the officers of professional tax.
- The website helps professional taxpayers as they can now pay taxes from home on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Documents required for professional tax registration in Karnataka
Following are the list of documents that required for professional tax registration in Karnataka :
- Copy of PAN card of applicants
- In the case of a company, Pan card of director of the company
- Passport Size photo of applicant or director in case it is a company
- Mobile number and email ID of applicant and director if it is a company
- Residence proof of the applicant
Penalties for Non-payment of Professional Tax in Karnataka
- If an employer does not register for professional tax in Karnataka, then the employer will be charged a fine of Rs 1000.
- In case, you are not a business owner then fine will come down to Rs 500.
- In case an employer fails to file returns for his/her employees then the employer requires to pay a fine of Rs.250
- If anyone is already registered for the professional tax but fails to pay it, then a fine of 1.25 percent of the outstanding amount shall be levied on a monthly basis. However, this may extend up to 50 percent of the outstanding amount.
The research team of Enterslice comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. Keep in touch with a research team of Enterslice to get the best service in a matter of Professional tax. Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2020 Uberant.com699,058 total articles and counting.