Facelift Surgery - Let's Keep Aging Out Of The Sight
Posted by medicalvacation on March 7th, 2019
Aging is surely an extraordinary process and though it’s something that you can’t stop, one thing that you can definitely take care of is the impact it makes on your appearance. As we age, loss of muscle tone and thinning skin makes the face look flabby. The skin also dries out and loses the underlying layer of fat, which takes away the smooth surface of the face. Wrinkles, blotches, dark spots, shrunken lips, loss of bone mass in the jaw, loss of contour in the face, turkey neck, slightly lengthened nose or ears, gray eyebrows & eyelashes, crow’s feet, sunken eyes, and drooping eyelids are some of the most common signs of aging that are visible on the face.
An Overview of What Facelift Surgery does
- A facelift, technically known as a rhytidectomy, is a type of restorative cosmetic surgical procedure used to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck for a more youthful facial appearance. In no way does this procedure changes your fundamental appearance or stops the aging process.
- All it does is reshape the lower half of the face by removing excess facial skin. With the help of this surgery, expert plastic surgeons in Mexico have been effectively tightening loose or hanging skin around the jawline as well as underlying tissues. It can also help in removing deep creases around the mouth and nose, and excess, hanging skin and fat under the chin and in the neck, and also smoothening out folds or wrinkles.
What To Expect With This Surgery?
- The procedure usually takes 2 to 5 hours and involves sedatives or general anesthesia. An incision is made in front of the ear that extends up to the hair or hairline as well as behind the ear into the scalp.
- Next, the skin is lifted off the deeper facial muscles and fat, and gently pulled in an upward and posterior direction, thereby removing any excess skin.
- To tighten the skin and deeper tissue of the neck, a small incision may also be made under the chin.
- Lastly, all incisions are closed with sutures and staples, and bandages are applied.
- Before this surgery is performed, the patient’s medical history is reviewed, which involves reviewing everything from his blood pressure to blood clotting, medications, smoking habits, drug use, allergens, scarring, and skin conditions, among others.
Some of the leading medical travel facilitators provide world-class service to international patients who come to Mexico for medical tourism.
Author’s Bio- The author is an avid blogger and this article talks about expert plastic surgeons in Mexico.