STUDY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING IN BANGALORE-SCOPE AND ADVANTAGES
Posted by sgvikram9 on March 20th, 2019
Mechanical Engineering is said to be the pioneer for all branches of engineering. It is also known as the evergreen Engineering branch as it primarily deals with mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics and aerospace.
The interdisciplinary nature of mechanical engineering course makes it lucrative for the students. It is one of the oldest branches of engineering and one can stretch themselves into several other arenas.
Mechanical Engineering subject is the base or the foundation of the today’s society where every professionals need to study no matter whichever branch they belong to.
One can find job opportunities from local manufacturing units to organisations like Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO], once he/she finishes Mechanical Engineering Course.
Apart from job, if the aspiring Engineering students wants to pursue higher studies there are innumerable options lay ahead.
The subject is basically application oriented, hence the student can venture into other options like Mechatronics, Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Robotics, Thermal engineering, Petro Chemical engineering as well as the very recent Plastic Engineering.
Mechanical engineers study designing, testing, manufacturing, operations as well as maintaining huge and an array of machines which are used in industries to manufacture products or to maintain plants.
Why pursue Mechanical Engineering in Bangalore?
Bengaluru or Bangalore, whatever you call it also known as the Garden City and is the capital city of Karnataka.
The city boasts of its multi-ethnic, multi-linguistic population which makes it the most favoured cosmopolitan in India.
The city possesses of humongous number of engineering colleges, which enables the students to choose from vast options and numerous branches to specialise in.
Besides, the metropolitan cities in India, with the tag of being the Silicon Valley, Bangalore is steadily catching up and is termed as a megacity now.
The pleasant weather year round and the blooming opportunities for Mechanical sector in the city is making it a hotspot for employment opportunities as well as academic fulfillment.
The cost effectiveness with respect to high standards of quality education favours Bangalore over other cities in India to pursue an Engineering degree.
Bangalore witnesses large number of student migration not only from different parts of India but also from the neighboring countries like Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh as well as the African nations and the South Eastern nations.
Some Key Concepts under Mechanical Engineering:-
• Fluid Mechanics
Scope of Pursuing Mechanical Engineering in Bangalore:
• Aeronautical industry– The Mechanical Engineers can explore in researching, designing, operating and maintenance of the aircrafts. On the other hand, for defence machineries, the Mechanical engineer will design the equipments for the armed forces.
• Automobile industry-Mechanical engineers can also venture into automobile sector by designing, manufacturing motor parts.
• Robotics– This is an interdisciplinary branch which requires mechanical engineering to build the robot and aid in artificial intelligence. This branch of engineering overlaps with not just mechanical engineering but also computer science, Mechatronics, nanotechnology and bio engineering.
• Thermal industry– In this industry the Mechanical engineers are required to control the heating and the cooling of the material in an open air, fluid or any closed environment.
• Petro Chemical industry– In this industry the Mechanical engineer are supposed to work with hydrocarbons which can either be natural gas or crude oil. The engineers design and develop machines for extracting oil and gas from beneath the earth’s surface.
• Plastic Engineering-Mechanical Engineers design, develop and maintain the machineries and the equipments used for processing of plastic material.
• Construction industry– The Mechanical Engineer can explore in this field to build and design the infrastructure of buildings to monitor the heating and ventilation.
• Research projects- Mechanical Engineers can also undertake projects funded by the Government or other bodies.
• Higher Studies– After a graduation degree in Engineering, the students can pursue post graduation in any inter-disciplinary branch of Mechanical engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Job Opportunities in Bangalore:
• Mechanical Engineers not only have job opportunities across Public Sectors like Navaratna, Miniratna and Maharatna organisations like Gas Authority of India Limited [GAIL], Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO], Defence Research and Development Organisation [DRDO], Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited [BHEL], BEML Ltd, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd but also several other sectors and many more.
• In the private sector the student can seek job in any local manufacturing unit to bigger units like Larsen and Toubro, Mahindra Reva, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited, Bosch, Britannia Industries, GMR Infrastructure, Titan and so on at Bangalore.
• The Mechanical engineers can also venture into others sectors like Management, banking and investment, finance sector as well as Information Technology sector.
Above are the few advantage aspects of studying Mechanical engineering in Bangalore, there are lot more facts which needs to considered while deciding the course, please leave a comment if you want to know some information.Also See: Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Job Opportunities, Mechanical, Engineers, Engineering
The Secrets to Drawing Video Course
The Secrets to Drawing is a comprehensive learning experience designed to guide absolute beginners and intermediate artists through the core foundations of drawing through concise and "easy to digest" modules that include HD videos and ebooks.