Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in the year 1999 which is NBA Accredited and also Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and Approved by AICTE, New Delhi (Recognized by the Government of Karnataka). The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is one of the best popular courses offered among engineering aspirants which mainly focuses on computation, analysis of algorithms, programming languages, program design, software engineering, artificial intelligence, computer networks and problem solving skills. This program has roots in electrical, electronics and communication engineering, mathematics, and linguistics. The Computer Engineers design, development and analysis of software and hardware used to solve problems for various businesses, scientific and social contexts.
AMC’s B.E in is Best Computer science and Engineering College and is one of the top rated programs. The program imparts the fundamentals of Computer Science through a set of core courses. It also equips the students in their chosen specialization, through a set of electives. Computer science engineering is the study of software, hardware and theoretical aspects of computing devices. Also it includes the study of the application of computing in scientific, engineering, business and other areas. Computer engineers do many different types of work which helps for the Society, to develop Software for Social Security, improving Mobile Devices and other Computerized Technologies.
The Department of Computer science and Engineering has signed MOU’s with various organizations to provide live projects for Engineering Students of UG & PG final year students. Industrial visits, workshops, Seminars, International Conferences and mini-projects for students are also encouraged by the department in various sectors. Every semester students are taken out for industrial visits to know about the latest trends and Technologies to make them organization ready for the best placement. To name a few, visits made on frequent basis to organizations like ISRO, C-DAC, Kaynes Technology, INFOSYS, MRF Company Ltd. etc.
"Be a premier department in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to meet the technological challenges of the society"
Graduates possess advanced Knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering & excel in Leadership roles to serve the Society
Graduates of the programme will Apply Computer Engineering tools in core technologies for improving Knowledge in the Inter-Disciplinary Research & Entrepreneurs
Graduates adapt value-based proficiency in solving real-time problems
Professional Skills: Ability of applying the Computing Concepts, Data Structures, Computer Hardware, Computer Networks and suitable algorithms
Software Skills: Ability to build Software Engineering System with Development Life Cycle by using analytical knowledge in Computer Science and Engineering and applying Modern methodologies
The CSE department is indeed fortunate to have an excellent team of faculty members and is committed towards Quality Technical Education with patience, hard work, skill and sincerity. The department has well-equipped laboratories to cater to the needs of the VTU curriculum effectively. These laboratories have been meticulously planned and all these laboratories have state-of-the-art equipment. Students pursuing BE in CSE have a full and flexible undergraduate curriculum. Numerous streams can be tailored to fit every individual's interests, skills and career goals.
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
General Merit Candidates, should have passed either 2nd PUC or 10 + 2 higher secondary or equivalent qualifying Examination recognized by State/Central Government with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually.
Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology as one of the optional subjects.
English as one of the language of study is compulsory.
The aggregate marks of SC, ST candidates of All India and OBC candidates of Karnataka in PCM should not be less than 45% in their respective qualifying examination as mentioned above. All other details remain the same.
1) SSLC or 10th Standard or its equivalent marks card (Original).
2) PUC or +2 marks card (Original), Diploma marks cards for III Semester lateral entry Students (Originals) and Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) CET verification card or CET Admission ticket (Original) for Diploma Management quota students.
3) CET/COMED-K admission order (Original), For Management quota students CET/COMED-K/AIEEE rank proof certificate (Internet copy)
4) Caste certificate (Original)
5) Income certificate (Original)
6) Transfer Certificate (Original)
7) Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE Students (Original)
8) Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
9) 6 Passport size and 2 stamp size colour photographs.
10) Passport size parents photo 2 each.
11) Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least Five sets of xerox copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 10 passport and 10 stamp size colour photographs. (Three sets of Xerox copies has to be produced at the time of admission)
12) The students other than PU Board, Bangalore and Karnataka CBSE should apply eligibility certificate from this college.
13) The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit xerox copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.