Business travel is an entirely different ball game. It all begins with deciding what to carry on a business trip.
Your itinerary and accommodations plans needs to be tweaked. You need to factor in corporate discounts, available working hours, etc...
Here we present the top 6 business travel mistakes to avoid in your next trip.
* Booking poor hotels: Read tons of online reviews prior to booking best cheap hotels near you. A substandard accommodation won't serve you effectively during a business trip. Losing a life changing deal is a real prospect. Empathize for your traveling colleagues too.
* Not knowing what to carry on a business trip: Bag all important documents relating to business and travel. Always carry your blazer, jacket and socks. Pick one color for all your bottoms to eliminate the need for more than one matching pair of belts and shoes.
* Making a bad first impression: This can be a deal breaker. Dress appropriately knowing the context of the meeting. When 'formal' is expected, 'smart casual' won't do the trick. At all costs, avoid getting on the wrong foot in the first meeting.
* Taking it as leisure trip: You cannot afford to be unproductive on your business trip. You can tick off your prospective client, employer and superiors. Stick to the plans and carry out your daily agenda. Act professionally throughout the trip.
* Getting into a shell: You are required to break your comfort zone, while on a business trip. Doing business in unknown territory presents goldmine of opportunities. Make sure you carry plenty of business cards. Don't be hesitant on reaching out to potential clients.
* Not keeping bills: Business trips involves plenty of additional expenses to cover. Save all slips to do a quick handover to the accounts department once you return to your office. Additionally, keep track of your personal expenses too.