The Exposure Comes With J1-Visa For An Internship In The USA

Posted by Alzbeta Berka on April 1st, 2019

Education is one of the most important things to get success in life and in case of higher education you need to explore the professional world rather than just restricting your ideas into book pages. Here it comes the internship, where you can be acquaintance with the work world and culture beforehand. Nowadays internship becomes the key to get a good job profile as well and there are thousands of programs are going on all over the world.

Now, the first place that comes to every mind is the USA, as this is called the land of opportunity and also they provide a non-immigrant visa for research scholars or to obtain training within the U.S. This visa is called J-1 visa. Annually, more than 4,500 individuals from over 100 countries and over 900 U.S. businesses, companies, and NGOs trust J-1 Visa sponsorship for internship and training programs. These programs provide innumerous ways for individuals to gain hands-on professional experience along with a great acknowledgement to American culture.

You need to fulfill eligibility criteria to get the J-1 visa. The applicants must be

  1. foreign professionals
  2. proficient in English 
  3. sponsored either by a university, private sector or government program of the States.

Also there are some other rules you should keep in your mind about J-1 visa. Here are they

  1. You need to leave the U.S. within 30 days after completion of the program. This period is often called “grace period” to get prepared to leave the country. However, you may travel inside the country in these days.
  2. If you leave the United States during these 30 days, you may not re-enter with the J-1 visa.
  3. There are two types of J-1 visa – J-1 interns and J-1 trainees
  4. As an intern, the applicant is strictly prohibited from accepting any employment in the U.S outside of their internship.
  5. Any income you make is taxable.

The J1-Visa for an internship in the USAa is the best option get into the States and upgrade your skills along with you will have time to spare in exploring the culture, history and places there. After these programs it will be easy for you to find a suitable job as per academic and personality anywhere in the world.

Other than America you can also think about Canada when it concern is higher study. There are a lot of good universities in Canada from where you can be graduated in your preferable subject. Also as an international student you can Study and Work in Canada. As a study permit holder you may work on-campus or off-campus even without having any work permit. You can work 20 hours in a week with study permit in Canada and make yourself highly capable to get your dream job in any country or you can come back and serve your country with great respect and experience.

You just need to be decisive and pack your bag to make yourself prepared for your better working life. This small decision can make you expert and proficient for future professional life. Grab the opportunity and be the star of the future.

Like it? Share it!

Alzbeta Berka

About the Author

Alzbeta Berka
Joined: November 15th, 2016
Articles Posted: 56

More by this author