Foil business cards and everything you need to know about it
Posted by articlelink01 on April 16th, 2019
Foil stamping is one of the most effective and versatile ways to provide your business cards with a customized as well as a high-end look. Not only it will make your cards look classy, but it will also grab the attractions of the people around you. According to some studies, it has been found that if you use the foil effects in your cards, you will witness a flourish in your business. You can use foiled business cards, especially the gold foiled-stamped business cards if you want your card to receive the desired acceptance amongst your clients as well as your target audience. Therefore, let us get some insights about foil business cards and all the related aspects.
Types of foils to be used in business cards
You can craft your business cards with a variety of foil stamps. To make you aware of the options, we are hereby presenting you with the types of foil stamps.
• Metallic foil- Metallic foils will provide you with attractive shimmer and shine. You will get a variety of metallic color options like silver, gold, green, red, blue as well as copper.
• Gloss pigment foil- The thing about the gloss pigment foils is that they will provide you with a lot of gloss, but they lack metallic finish. Here also, you will get the options of numerous colors.
• Matte pigment foil- Matte pigment foils come in deep solid colors. The finish of these kinds of foils is dull as well as non-shiny.
• Special effect foils- There are several kinds of special effect foils. Some of them are leathers, marbles, wood grains as well as pearls. The best part about these foils is that they provide the card with interesting textures and appearances.
• Holographic foil- If you want to add a dramatic high-tech effect to your business card, you can use a holographic surface without any hesitation. This will work amazingly for you.
Which papers are compatible with foil stamps?
Well, almost all kind of papers is compatible with foil stamps. Even the synthetic papers, magnet papers and plastic papers are compatible with foil stamps. It would be suitable for you if you use the smooth-surfaced gloss, luster uncoated and matte cover stocks. They are best compatible with the foil stamps. You can use the foil stamps in postcard printing as well. And if you are looking for 6x11 postcard printing, it will be finest for you if you use the Gold foil stamped business cards.
Tips to design foil stamped business cards.
• There should be a high contrast between your cards background and foil stamping. Well, foil stampings are opaque, and so it would be best for you if you use a foil that is light in color and background is dark.
• Use a font that is at least 8 pt and looks professional so that people can read it with ease at a glance.
• Use 3 mm bleed on the edges to accommodate slight cutting variations.
So, these are a few things you need to know about foil business cards.
You can also use a postcard as your business card and in that case, go for 6x11 postcard printing . And in case of color foil stamps, our recommendation is Gold foil stamped business cards .