5 Steps You Should Follow For Seamless Concrete Insulation Board Installation
Posted by Andrew Oldroyd on May 1st, 2019
Insulating your ground and your basement require you to make use of the best materials. Although there are a plethora of panels and insulation materials which are available, you have to choose quality concrete insulation boards for your purpose. Once you get the panels and the materials which you require, you should have the knowledge about how you should proceed further with the installation process.
Here are a few steps you should follow to install the insulation boards-
1. Go with manufacturer instructions- Before you start the installation process, you would look at the instructions that are given with the material. The instructions are prepared by the manufacturers specializing in a particular field. If you perform any procedure which is beyond the scope of instruction, there are chances that the material would get damaged. In addition, you would tamper with the warranty which is offered on the concrete insulation board.
2. Prepare the surface well- The installation requires you to fit the concrete boards on the surface of the ground. You need to make sure that the surface of the ground is in the right condition. The first thing that you need to check on the ground surface is the presence of obstructions. If you find huge obstruction on the ground, you should get them fixed before the installation process. You can also check if the materials you are using require a weather-resistant barrier before installation.
3. Use the right tools- The installation guidelines of a concrete insulation board usually mention the tools and materials that you need for the installation process. In some instances, nails are required and some are not. When you know about the suitability of the materials, you can get them in advance.
Depending on the insulation board and the ground materials, there are chances that you would have to use the trim materials along with the nails.
4. Align the panels with the surface- When you start with the installation process, one crucial step which you should follow is by checking the alignment. To make the entire process cleaner, you should place the concrete boards according to the texture of the surface. After looking at the imperfections at the surface of the ground, you have to level them properly. This will make the placement of panels far more easier for you. As a result, you can complete the job before the stipulated time.
5. Apply the finishing materials- Even after you have placed all the panels on the floor, you have to check the appearance. If you feel that there are certain glitches in the process and you can make those improvements, you should get it done. There are a lot of materials which can give them the final finish. As a result, you will be able to enhance the appearance of your panels. Quality materials remain in the same condition for years to come.
In order to buy concrete insulation board, visit the websites of various insulation board retailers.