Things That Are Very Exclusive To North East Travel Trips
Posted by seenumathew on May 9th, 2019
North East India is probably the less explored part of the country and therefore this land comes with innumerable scope to behold the untouched beauty of this beautiful terrain. North East India tourism is waiting for you to offer one of the best adventurous and awesome trips in lifetime. Before you head for North East India, here are few useful things to take a look.
1. North East part of India is surely another-world experience for every traveller. This area is a stunning combination of the mountains of Arunachal Pradesh, river islands of Assam, tribal territories of Nagaland and rain-drenched green forests of Meghalaya. Remote villages that North India tourismboasts in abundance will take you back in time where bustling cities never existed. Amazing sights of people, places and cultures will surely leave you mesmerized.
2. Many travellers believe in this notion that north East states in India are not that safe to travel. Political disturbances along with the presence of a few rebel groups in this area are playing a major role in developing this misconception. Travellers are pretty safe in North East states and rebellion groups make it a point not to cause any harm to any of these tourists. In order to flourish North East tourism, local authorities have limited the number of permits previously required by tourists to travel freely. In fact hotels and guesthouses are encouraging more and more people to come here.
3. This may sound weird but North East Indian states are way safer for woman travellers rather than Delhi and Rajasthan to roam around. It is completely safe to travel alone at night without inviting any unpleasant stare or comment. If you are not confident or comfortable enough to visit North East India alone, then better to look for a professional and experienced tour guide.
4. The one thing which is definitely going to bother you in North East is the transport system. Transportation in this hilly part of the country eats lots of your time and forcing you to drop or adjust many of your travel plans. Transportation particularly in Meghalaya, Nagaland and Assam are really tricky. Sometimes you may have to spend the whole day to reach somewhere. Sumo cars are pretty common in this area and you can either hire them by your own or can share the cost of the journey with other passengers. Get used to getting prepared before the crack of dawn, catch the vehicle and spend the night in bus. Always be prepared with a Plan B to accommodate an alternate plan. You need a bit of extra planning in order to reach a destination while overcoming these challenges on the way.
5. India is a land of diversity and you will be amazed to find that each state comes with its own dialects. Hindi is not spoken everywhere in the country. North East people are good at speaking English. So, it will be perfect if you can communicate in English but Nagaland may give you some trouble when it comes to local language. Tribal people of Nagaland mostly speak in Nagamese and you have to take help of your hands and facial gestures to make them understand what you are looking for.Also See: North East, East India, Untouched Beauty, Less Explored, North, India, EastTop Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com561,253 total articles and counting.