The different areas that they will train them for are–
– Hospitality etiquettes
– Business Law
– Hotel Law
– Hotel housekeeping
– Food & production services
– Menu planning and design
– Event management
– Hospitality property management
– Front office procedures
– Employee & Public Relations
There are many more important aspects of hotel operations. A good hospitality programme will give the candidate internship as well as job opportunities.
Not only professionally but it will assist the candidate to be a better version of themselves, dealing with the complaints and the tantrums of different people; it makes them confident, it enhances their communication skills, gives them a better idea of how to handle any situation.
Personal Attributes Required: Any job comes with its perks and with its responsibilities. It is important to see what attributes are required at a job and then decide if you can handle it well or not. For Example, being in the service industry there are a lot of basic skills required in a person to go ahead for being a Hotel Manager. To be a good hotel manager you need to be outgoing, polite, patient and, eloquent. Similarly, there are a set of skills required for every different area of work, be it, a cook; your cooking skills, a housekeeping staff; providing what the customer needs, accountant; handling finances, etc.
But, it is ideal if a person has the following skills–
– Good interpersonal skills
– Good leadership skills
– Good communication skills
– Creativity and originality
– Good organizational skills
– Problem-solving skills
These certain skills are the most important ones, if the candidate enters in the service industry. With the help of these set of skills as well as the required qualifications, the candidate have a chance of rising tremendously and be successful.
In order to have a career in this stream, one has to choose a related course from a renowned college. The candidate can opt for undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (PG) courses.
Famous UG courses that students can pursue in this field are:–
– BA in Hotel Management
– BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
– BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism
– Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
– Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
On the other hand, famous Post Graduation courses that students can choose in this field include:
– Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
– MBA Hospitality
– MBA in Hospitality Management
– Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
– MBA in Hotel Management
– MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management