Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market Provides an In-Depth Insight of Sales and Trends
Posted by Arslan on July 25th, 2019
According to the latest study by Fact.MR, the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market is expected to bring in more than US$ 50 million in 2019. The study opines that growing prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) will continue to underpin hyoscine-N-butyl bromide sales. Over the past few years, the prevalence of IBS and abdominal pain as the gastrointestinal tract disorder has increased, resulting in the increasing consumption of anti-spasmodic drugs. IBS has emerged as one of the most common causes of abdominal pain in the last few years, according to the International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders, the prevalence of IBS is estimated around 10-15% globally.
For Additional Insights on the Key Dynamics Influencing Market Request Sample:
Oral Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide to Find Increasing Demand
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide used to treat abdominal pain and spasms is available in both oral and injectable form. However, with increasing sales of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide under the brandname Buscopan which is an oral medication, the application of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide in oral form is gaining traction. Moreover, with a range of benefits on oral administration of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide, it is being used on a large scale. Upon oral administration, it binds and blocks muscarinic receptors, thereby, providing anti-spasmodic effect in the uterine, gastrointestinal, and urinary tracts.
Many oral analgesic drugs are also finding wide application to relieve pain during gynecological procedures. Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide has gained popularity as the oral anti-spasmodic drug for relief from genito-urinary spasms.
Driving Factor Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market
- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide continues to witness significant demand owing to rise in abdominal pain and cramping as frequent problem in the adult population, especially in Western countries. According to the International Association for the Study of Pain, by 2050, proportion of people over 65 years of age will increase from 17.5% to 36.3% in the developed countries. Moreover, in recent years around 20% of adults have been suffering from chronic pain. The problem in many elderly people is still under treated and there is a need for increased research.
- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier making it beneficial for use in the treatment of abdominal pain caused by cramping, especially during painful menstruation.
- Increasing prevalence of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is resulting in the growing demand for antispasmodic, thereby, resulting in substantial growth in Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. According to the International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders, there are around 2.4 to 3.5 million annual visits to physician for IBS in the US alone.
- With rise in colorectal cancer worldwide, colonoscopy is finding wide application in detection and surveillance. Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide is widely used by colonoscopists to reduce bowel spasms during colonoscopy
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market- Key Insights
- Worldwide sales of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide recorded a steady growth by registering 4.0% CAGR between 2013 and 2017. However, the market is likely to witness significant growth in the coming years owing to its wide application in treating various conditions and acting as muscle relaxant.
- The Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market was valued at over US$ 50 million in 2018 and is projected to register Y-O-Y growth of 4.3% in 2019.
- Europe is expected to be the largest region in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market during the forecast period and account for an estimated 34.6% share by 2019 end.
- APEJ is likely to emerge as the fastest growing region in Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market, owing to the rise in gastrointestinal problems leading to spasms and increasing use of anti-spasmodic drugs.
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market: Assessment of Competitive Landscape
- Boehringer Ingelheim has filed for the regulatory approval of Nintedanib for patients with systemic sclerosis associated interstitial lung disease with the EMA and FDA. Recently, Boehringer also entered into a research collaboration with GNA Biosolutions to develop emergency veterinary diagnostics, including rapid diagnostic test for African swine fever that can be used on the portable molecular diagnostic platform by GNA.
- The FDA has approved Dicyclomine HCl Injection, the generic version of Bentyl Injection by Aptalis Pharma. Dicyclomine HCl is an anti-spasmodic and anti-cholinergic agent that helps to relieve smooth muscle spasms in the gastrointestinal tract. The injection is supplied as 20mg/2ml.
- Recently, the meta-analysis that was undertaken to evaluate effectiveness of the IBS treatment options, noted three clinical studies that have shown Buscopan as more effective in relieving IBS symptoms as compared to placebo. The clinical studies have also found minimal side-effects of Buscopan. Currently, Buscopan is rarely prescribed in the US, however, it may be commonly prescribed by physicians outside the US.