Will Upgrading Netgear Router Firmware Improves the Internet Connection?
Posted by stevenhenson on August 14th, 2019
Often people ask to upgrade your Netgear router firmware enhance the Internet connection. Upgrading the firmware helps a Netgear router to work and perform well and sometimes cures some of invisible bugs and errors that degrade the performance level.
If you do not upgrade your Netgear router's firmware regularly, your router might stop working like a new one and hence resulting in lag or disconnect of Internet connection. So the answer is YES, upgrading will Netgear router firmware improves the Internet connection.
Benefits of Netgear WiFi Router Firmware Upgrade
As we have already understood the importance of upgrading Netgear router firmware. So now we move a step ahead and discuss how will the upgrade the router firmware improves the Internet connection.
1. Improves the Security- The upgrading of the Netgear router will enhance the security of your wireless network.
2. New add-on Features- This is one of the major benefits of firmware upgrade. You can now experience some cool add-on new features in your wireless router all you need to just go for Netgear router login.
3. Bug Fixes- This is the most supreme benefit of Netgear router firmware upgrade because this will help your router to recover some of the bugs and issues.
How to Gain this Netgear WiFi Router Firmware Benefits?
When your Netgear router does not work or reset, then it might be because of some annoying bugs. The Netgear WiFi router's firmware upgrade helps surely. To upgrade the firmware, follow the instructions provided below:
1. First of all, connect your Netgear router with your desktop or laptop and then try to open any web browser.
2. Mention the default IP address. To visit the Netgear router setup page and enter the login credentials i.e. default username and password. In case you do not know the default router login credentials, look at the back or side of the router. You will find a sticker or label, mentioned with username and password.
3. Once you have log in to the Netgear router configuration page. Navigate towards the firmware option.
4. As you land on the firmware update option if there is any firmware update. It will automatically download and install. Once it installed, the router will automatically restart.
Make sure you there is no discontinuous connection or power loss during the firmware update. Make sure you have a proper Internet connection. So this all about the Netgear firmware update process. You will surely find the improvement in Internet connectivity and speed.
We hope you will come to know all about the router upgrading. In case you face any difficulty regarding the Netgear router or firmware update. Share with us through comments. We are always here to help you out.Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2020 Uberant.com708,667 total articles and counting.