Considering a degree in communication and media studies?
Posted by prajvalrajeshirke on August 17th, 2019
If you have your blog, Twitter account, or Pinterest, even before people knew it existed, are excited about the news, or why an image/video goes viral, then communication and media studies are for you. School of communication and media have an array of courses available for such aspirants. You have to keep up with the latest trends, tech, and debates.
A media school prepares students for work in the media industry, analysing the way media works, represents, and influences. What are the courses you can acquire from such schools? They include:
• BA in communication and media
• BA in film, photography, and media
• BA in communication and journalism
• BA in new media
You also receive post-graduate opportunities in a school of communication such as MA in print, magazine or broadcast journalism, international communication, gender, media and culture, or a straight MA in media and communication.
Now that you know the courses you can study in such schools, the following are the reasons you should opt for them:
1) Modern and applicable: One of the prized skills that every graduate can apply in their new job is the ability to adapt and use updated, as well as, modern technology. Knowledge about Twitter and other sections of social media, laying up pages in Indesign, can help you stand in good stead. Also See: Media Studies, Media School, Way Media, School Prepares, Media, Communication, School
2) Freedom of course: If you are not a fan of the classroom to classroom lectures or information presented in lecture form and have to produce endless catalogues of essays, then media school is where you should be. You have the freedom to seek out and research stories you prefer and opt from a wide range of modules.
3) Combine courses: School of media studies offer dual degrees, i.e. you can combine a cultural education with your other passion. You could also explore two strands of learning in greater detail.
4) Social life: Communication and media studies requires you to communicate with people. You study about people, write about them, interview people, and meet different people. You, of course, do not have to be a people person to study them, but it helps in media.
5) International perspective: The world is diverse and more global as well. It divides people like nothing else. School of communication reflects on this trend.
6) Multicultural environment: Quality media schools attract aspiring students from across the globe. Studying in this discipline will mainly take you closer to students coming from different cultures. It gives you better insights into the wider world.
7) Prior experience: Communication and media schools do not require you to maintain A grades or Highers in a stream. You need to hold an overall good score and someone who can contribute to the degree. It is ideal for those who do not know what to do.