5 ways communication plays an essential role in the business world
Posted by prajval rajeshirke on August 17th, 2019
In any organisation, effective communication plays an important role. With the help of basic communication, you can perform important functions such as planning, organising, motivating, and controlling. Communication is generally of two which we have learnt in all school of communication – verbal and non-verbal. Both are crucial for the business’ success. In fact, it is the foundation of any company.
Thus, it can be said that effective communication is the building blocks of the firm.
Communication programs not just prepare you at a professional but personal level as well. They are as follows:
1) Solidifies relationships: Communication has to power to inform, persuade, motivate, and encourage. It sometimes even comforts and consoles. The first step towards consolidating a relationship with employees is to build a culture trust. The employees should reciprocate with dedication and loyalty. If you want to create an atmosphere of close-knit business environment, then communication is the key.
2) Shapes attitude and behaviour: Employees need to know what your expectations are, your needs, and your wants. If you want, use a measuring tape to check how they then perform with gusto. Communication spawn’s productivity and business growth. Research shows a positive result between happy, positive employees and high productivity. And this inevitably enhances business’ growth.
3) Inspires team building: Communication plays an important role especially if you are leading a small business. It is the one that takes you away from the heart of the action. On days like these, you would be grateful that you built a strong foundation of communication since employees should follow the lead. This way the company can combat problems, take charge, and serve as best ambassadors.
4) Fosters innovation: If you have colleagues working in the field of science, they can view setbacks, oversights, and mistakes differently than other professionals. It is an excellent lesson to learn from these individuals. Employees who feel confident of challenging ideas and status quo can help a business flourish via change. You can do away with unproductive ways easily. Communication programs teach you how to do so.
5) Communication style: Some of the ways to streamline communication with employees in the organisation are –
• Making important documents easily accessible to staff
• Using online tools that conduct employee surveys regularly. You also have tools that merge employee reviews and objectives
• Having encouraging, work-related conversations on social media. This helps employees to build a strong bond with each other
• Scheduling occasional work retreat like fun clubs, events, etc. This comes as a breather for employees