Move U can do it all !!!! Move U moving house Tips
Posted by StevenHWicker on August 31st, 2019
At Move U Removals on the Gold Coast we can do every aspect of your move , from Pre packing all your items into strong professional removals boxes to dismantling beds , cabinets and gym equipment.
Our service goes way past just moving your items from pick up A to drop off B , we can even point you in the right direction for safe secure storage and amazing bond cleaners. Residential Removalists Gold Coast
Here are some moving house tips – Break down items which come apart easily that you won’t need to use in the lead up to moving house.
– Put any removable hardware (like screws and bolts) from dismantled furniture into a clear plastic bag or container. Tape the bags to larger pieces of furniture or safely secure your container elsewhere.
– Flat pack or dismantle as much as possible
– Consolidate smaller objects that could go missing into a larger box
– Use vacuum seal bags for out-of-season clothing
– Make use of baskets, laundry bins and suitcases by packing things inside them (but never pack your treasures inside furniture, such as cupboards and drawers)
– Pack odd-shaped items in larger cartons to secure and stack them more efficiently
– Remove accessories from sporting equipment (like bike pumps, water bottles) and pack together
– Pack plates upright. Stack plates vertically, like in the dishwasher, as they are less likely to break
– Take a picture. Before dismantling any computer equipment or electronics, photograph the cords and connections to help you remember where all the wires go
– Don’t risk spills. Drain garden hoses and tighten the lids on all jars or bottles in the pantry before packing
– Look sharp. Take special care when packing sharp objects, ensuring sharp edges are well insulated
– Remove BBQ hoods, grills, hotplates and gas burners. Line a suitable carton with heavy duty plastic and place all BBQ components in a box of their own. Gold Coast Removals
– Do not pack dangerous goods such as corrosive, flammable, explosive, spontaneously combustible, toxic, oxidising or water-reactive goods. Items like LPG gas bottles and mower fuel fall into this category.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorStevenHWicker
Joined: December 8th, 2018
Articles Posted: 688
More by this author