How to Judge the Purity of Raw Pu-erh
Posted by naturalpuerh on September 17th, 2019
Natural Puerh Bulang highmountain tea garden co.,ltd. located in the southwestern of Yunnan province: Zhengwan village, Nanping town, pu’er city, which is commended as “Tea- city of China”,” The origin of the tea world” and ”The capital of pu’er”. This is such a place where the Dai people populated in with quite rich tea culture. The average elevation of it is about 1300 meters and Asian Corridor in Heaven had crosses the whole land of it.
Raw tea is the tea we are familiar, and there is also the habit of drinking raw tea in life. However, in the tea market, raw tea is generally more. At this time, it is not easy to pick a good raw tea, because people don’t know how to distinguish the quality of raw tea. So, what is the method for notifying the purity of Pu-erh tea? Let me take a look at it so that we can quickly distinguish between good and bad when we choose raw tea.
First, learn about Pu-erh tea.
Raw tea is fresh tea, which is made into wool after being picked and sown. The wool is sorted and graded, and then steamed at a high temperature to make various shapes. It is placed in a natural way and is not processed into a raw tea by fermentation. Raw tea is more intense and irritating. Fresh or old-fashioned raw tea has a strong bitter taste, astringent taste, lighter soup or yellow-green, and the tea is colder and stronger, and it is easy to hurt the stomach. Not suitable for drinking right away, especially for tea lovers who are not very good at stomach. The process of raw tea ripening is quite slow. It takes at least ten years depending on the environmental conditions. The longer the enzyme, the more enzymatic and non-enzymatic oxidation of the polyphenolic compounds in the tea, the more aromatic and stable. But the rhythm is lively and vivid, and this kind of vitality is the "tea gas" that tea people call.
Secondly, Pu-erh tea purity identification.
First: smell of Pu-erh teaThe general tea fragrance can be divided into fragrant and dark fragrance. The raw tea of the fragrant tea smells like a fragrant scent and fresh air. It gives you a feeling of sorrow. The old tea of good quality is also accompanied by Chen Xiang and
Second: the view of Pu-erh teaThe tea leaves of dry tea, seven cakes, bricks, and tea are affected by the different places of production, the amount of sunlight absorbed, and the process. The color of the tea is not the same, as long as it does not look dry, flat, thin, yellow. The cord should be firm and thick, and the buds should be tender, neat and full of vitality.
Third: look at tea bottomAfter the brewing of Pu-erh tea, the bottom of the leaf is completely stretched. The purity of the raw material is higher, the surface is uniform and free of mottling, the veins and leaves are clear, and the leaves are lightly rubbed by hand. The tea stem is not easily broken and has good elasticity.Fourth: look at tea soup colorTea turbidity and increased sediment indicate problems in the processing technology and storage environment. The new tea soup is bright, and the old tea age is more rosy and clearer. (Note: Some artificial means can make the soup look very beautiful, but as long as you are not disturbed, you can distinguish it).
Fifth: Pu-erh tea tasting
(1) hemp: The ancient tree tea has been growing for more than 100 years. Its ability to withstand natural disasters and resist pests and diseases has experienced hundreds or even thousands of years of accumulation. It is already very strong, and the surrounding ecological environment remains intact. There is no need for artificial fertilization to fight drugs, and tea farmers will not use it. Therefore, there is no trace of “peasant residue” in the pure ancient tree Pu-erh tea.In addition, after the use of various pesticides, it will be difficult to decompose in the next year. When you drink tea, if the tip of your tongue or the tongue surface feels like acupuncture or numbness, it must be a product that has used pesticides. Residue of pesticides. We don't carry the testing equipment when we drink tea or buy tea, but everyone's tongue will tell you your feelings faithfully (no matter what kind of tea, as long as there is "peasant residue", there will be sputum and numbness).
(2) Smoke smell: The ancient tree Pu-erh tea raw tea is very old, the hand-killing process is not easy to master, and the slight loss will affect the taste. The smoke smell is one of them. Many raw tea enthusiasts will pursue the kind of defective beauty. The other is the fresh leaves picked in summer. We call it “rainwater” tea. The quality is not high. The local sunshine is insufficient in the rainy season. We can’t process the “sun-dried” tea, and use wood fire to dry and produce “smoke” flavor. Flavored tea should be given up if it is not seen by the eyes.
(3) Acid: The acidity is mainly due to the fact that the enamel process is not cooled and ventilated in time, and the sun is directly exposed after pressing into a cake. The sour tea that has been simmered can be seen in the soup color, and the soup is turbid.(4) cockroaches, mildew, and dryness: The olfactory organs can be distinguished by nose smell and mouth taste in the absence of pathological conditions. The main reason for this is the poor storage environment and the use of inferior materials. At the same time, "dryness" will make people feel awkward, throat tight, dry, astringent and musty smell will make people feel dizzy. Sixth: Pu-erh tea smellsHigh-quality raw tea has the feeling of bitterness, astringency, aroma and sweetness, and the product has a cotton, moist, heavy and long taste.(1) bitterness: The content of tea polyphenols and caffeine in the contents of the large-leaf ancient tea is rich, and the bitterness is the characteristic. If it is bitter, it will become the top grade.
(2) astringent: bitterness are always accompanied, some varieties have stronger sensation, bitter taste is lighter, astringency can produce and lasting, and the bottom of the tongue is the top grade.
(3) Fragrance: Ancient tree raw tea can be roughly divided into flower and fruit, nectar, honey, jujube, orchid, musk, glutinous rice, lotus, and fragrant, some have high scent and some are elegant. Long, tea, although different, but regardless of smell, taste and fragrance should be based on natural comfort.
(4) Sweet: The entrance of the tea soup is quickly returned to the sweet, the stronger the taste, the lasting and the smooth, the more outstanding the quality.
(5) soft, moist, Long, and Heavy: Pu-erh Raw Tea is a post-fermented tea. In the natural environment of ventilation, coolness and no smell, the dry and moderate humidity conditions are good. The good Pu-erh tea will continue to look from the appearance to the taste. The change, which is commonly referred to as post-fermentation.
For more info visit http://www.naturalpuerh.comAlso See: Raw Tea, Pu Erh, Erh Tea, Ancient Tree, Tea, Taste, Raw
Guitar Success System - The Only Guitar Course You'll Ever Need!
See Why The Guitar Success System Is the Only Guitar Course You'll Ever Need!