Know the Different Cosmetic Dental Procedures to Get in a Modern Dental Clinic
Posted by terotechca on September 23rd, 2019
A smile is most often the first thing people notice about you, a smile brightens up your face. Smiles are what make good photos. Therefore, most of us would like to have a perfect smile.
With modern medical technology, the smile can be enhanced through cosmetic dental procedures, seeing that teeth are 99% of a smile. It is important to note that you need to consult a dentist before you have any of these procedures done.
- Teeth whitening is one of the common cosmetic dental procedures. This refers to basically bleaching of the teeth to get rid of any discoloration. This procedure can be done at home using whitening kits or whitening toothpaste or at the dental clinic. However, you need a dental exam before a teeth whitening procedure to ensure the procedure is safe for you.
- Dental veneers are thin shells made from dental porcelain. They are used to cover the teeth to hide defects such as chipped teeth, discoloration and spaces between teeth. These porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years. With this, you will have well aligned white teeth.
- Dental crowns are basically hats for teeth. These are caps that are custom made for you. They are meant to cover up decaying teeth, teeth with large fillings, poorly formed teeth and also chipped or broken teeth. They are made of porcelain and metal to prevent breakage during biting.
- Teeth bonding is where a substances is applied to the tooth, dried using laser and shaped. This procedure is used to hide cracked teeth, misshaped teeth and broken teeth. It’s a painless procedure with immediate results, and is a long lasting solution to bad teeth.
- Dental implants are basically artificial teeth. They are made of both the crown and root of the tooth. They are meant to replace missing teeth. Therefore, they are surgically placed into the jawbone to mimic real teeth. They are made from titanium and are permanent, unlike other cosmetic procedures.
- Teeth straightening is where devices are put on the teeth to align and straighten crooked or unevenly spaced teeth. Use of braces was common in older cosmetic dentistry. However, with modern medicine, we now have clear aligners, which are moulded and placed on the teeth, and these are not easily visible as they are transparent. They work by moving the teeth into place. They do not produce instant results, they have to be used for a while for results to be seen.
Also See: Dental Procedures, Cosmetic Dental, Teeth Whitening, Smile Brightens, Teeth, Dental, Smile
- Gum lift is a procedure intended to make the teeth look attractive. Its main purpose is to align the gum, giving teeth a longer, more attractive look. This procedure is non-invasive it is performed using laser technology.
Get Rid of Tattoo Naturally
Learn how to get rid of unwanted tattoo naturally that you've been regretting for a long time without risky, expensive, painful laser and abrasive procedures