Taking Care of Your Office Equipment Properly to Avoid Malfunctions
Posted by will lazar on October 9th, 2019
Just like the machine that our human body is, your office equipment also suffers from downtime. Much like a very unwell body, when your copier or fax machine goes out of order, a lot of office tasks are put on hold. This means reduced productivity, not to mention stress and unmet deadlines. This can be avoided.
Downtime, whether for a short or long period of time, ultimately results in loss of revenue. There are techniques and tips which can be used to help you prevent downtime. There are many ways which you can avoid this:
1. Adequate practical knowledge of office staff - It doesn't really take a genius to troubleshoot common office equipment problems, especially when the staff have sufficient technical familiarity, common sense will also do, with these types of equipment.
2. Regular maintenance checks - Prevention is better than cure. Habitual check-ups of your office equipment keep them well-oiled, so to speak, and avoid any possible downtime. Although, of course, it doesn't really make it foolproof, you're definitely reducing any possible downtime.
3. Quality office equipment - Quality comes with a price, that's a fact. However, in the long run, it may prove to be a more practical choice than purchasing a lesser priced counterpart.
With these tips, you will be sure to have lesser occurrences of downtime and a longer life for your office equipment. You save money by not calling in maintenance for every little technical problem that arises. You can also save money when there is less downtime at the office.
What if your copier suddenly throws up all the papers you feed it and you need all the copies in the next 30 minutes for the upcoming board meeting? Can you possibly wait for the maintenance crew to show up and repair it?
When it's an emergency such as this, you will have little choice; but to do the job yourself, if you want to get your tasks done on time. Not only that, it really helps to have some knowledge on how to deal with urgent situations.
Here is a simple step by step procedure on resolving your copier emergency:
1. Try feeding the copier different sizes of paper. It might be because one of the paper sizes is jamming the machine. Is the paper simply stopping, or is it crumpling up?
2. Listen to the machine. What kind of noise does it make- whining, does it seem to be spinning its rollers or does it seems as though its off?
3. If only one size is jamming the copier, then it means that the trouble lies in one of the cassettes. All you need to do is switch the position of the cassette and there you go.
4. If possible, clean the cassette as well as the rollers which turn the paper.
5. However, if all cassettes seem to be jamming and the paper stops in the machine without crumpling, it's possibly because of worn out rollers. You can perform the same procedure as above to clean out the rollers.
6. If the machine is jamming and the paper is crumpling, then follow the path of the paper carefully and determine if there is something inside which causes the paper to stop.
7. Listen to your machine; it can save you a lot of time. If it appears like it is just spinning, its probably rollers then. You can try and look at them, since they move the paper through the machine.
If the copier whines or if it groans just before jamming then you will have to call for service.
It will really help if you are able to address simple office equipment glitches on your own. Saves you a lot of time and money, and helps you meet your deadlines without waiting for the maintenance crew to arrive and fix these downed machines.
For More Info - http://ctcopier.com/
About the Authorwill lazar
Joined: October 29th, 2015
Articles Posted: 41
Quality Office Furniture USA Shipped Direct - Madison Liquidators
Nationwide vendor of quality office furnishings including Desks, Office Chairs, Conference Tables, Cubicles and more!
Cointiply Bitcoin Faucet - Earn Free Bitcoin
Earn free Bitcoin from the best Bitcoin faucet & rewards platform. Complete offers & surveys, watch videos & play games to earn even more Bitcoin.
Get free ZEN through the Horizen faucet. Our faucet is a great way to receive free rewards and begin your journey into the world of cryptocurrency. Start earning now.
KRYPTO KLUB is a Cryptocurrency Club for Blockchain Beginners to the Most Advanced Cryptocurrency Day Traders. Hangout with Trusted KKC Members, Find Safe Crypto Fun, Crypto News and Information in KRYPTO CLUB! KRYPTO KLUB is The Most Bad Ass Crypto Club
Crypto Casino Games - The 16 Best Bitcoin Gambling Games (BC)
BC.game offers the best crypto casino games and gambling games. Supports BTC, BTC-LN, ETH, DOG,EOS, TRX, XMR, LTC, XRP, TRTL, and SERO. Fast payouts, provably fair provably, and free coins.
Uhive A New Era of Social Networking
Introduces a new dimension to the world of decentralized social media based on crypto!