Few tips for a great interior transitional design
- l Stay neutral: Staying neutral with your color choice allows the lines of the furniture to take center stage.
- l Incorporate textural elements: Add textural elements such as wood, glass, lacquer, rattan, fabric, steel and metal.
- l Limit the use of accessories: Don’t confuse the eye by adding artful details through your mix of furnishings and fabrics.
Ideas for mixing transitional elements room by room
- Dining room: In the dining room, you can use a modern dining table and chairs, however, upholster the chairs in a traditional fabric. Alternatively, you can also use traditional furnishings and offset them with modern lighting, such as steel pendants with exposed lightbulbs.
- Bedroom: Upholster a tufted, curved headboard of a traditional element, with a steel-gray fabric of a more modern element. Or, you can also flank a traditional headboard with modern cube side tables and sleek metal lamps.
- Kitchen: If your kitchen cabinets have traditional elements or are already traditional in nature, and you don’t want to replace them, then go for a stronger hand with modern accessories. Just add contemporary design accessories such as pendant lights over your island, or replace the island with a lacquered piece. You can also choose steel countertops that also add a contemporary look to an otherwise traditional kitchen.
- Bathroom: If you want to incorporate a modern touch, use glass, metal, ceramic and wood. If you have a traditional clawfoot tub, you can install modern floor tiles, or arrange some traditional tiles in a chevron pattern.
- Living room: If you already have traditional architectural features such as trims and moldings, add clean-lined chairs and sofas to keep fabrics warm yet neutral in color.
We can’t deny transitional design can bring together two opposing styles into a cohesive room design when done properly. If you want to create a great transitional interior look, look for a good interior designer from Paris.
Author: The author is a blogger and the article talks about how to pull off a great transitional interior design.
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com649,369 total articles and counting.