How to update Macafee?
Posted by Martin Clark on October 11th, 2019
In your Windows computers on the network are required to have McAfee VirusScan anti-virus software installed on their computer. Learn how to install www.macafee.com activate VirusScan VirusScan is pre-configured to automatically updated your antivirus protection every day from your computer. Sometimes AutoUpdate does not run automatically, such as when your computer is turned off and you need to manually update your virus protection, do the following:
Verify the McAfee Activate Total Protection software is running on your computer. A small “M” icon appears in the system tray of your computer’s taskbar whenever the program is running. the location of “M” icon is not present in this location, use either the McAfee desktop icon or the McAfee “Start” menu icon to load the program. If the icon does appear in the system tray, double click on it to open the main McAfee Total Protection program window.
- Verify your system tray (bottom-right corner of your screen) and right-click the VirusScan icon after click Update Security. Note: If you may need to expand the systems tray by clicking the arrow to see the icon.
- Then wait for AutoUpdate finishe and click Close.
- Click on the “Home” button on the left side of the screen. A series of general options in regards to the program will open in the main program window.
- Click the “Update” button and directly beneath the “Protection Status” option. Both of these options are located in the “Home” section of the window on screen.
- Click the “Update” button in the main portion of the window. McAfee Total Protection will now use your Internet connection to download any virus definition updates that are available. You will receive a message indicating the completion of the process once the updated definitions have downloaded and installed. Performing a full system scan of your computer now that the definitions have been updated will result in a much more accurate and thorough search of your hard drive for viruses and other types of malicious software.
- Restart your computer.
Go to www.mcafee.com/activate for more information about anti-virus protection. Do not use periods when naming your files! Outlook moves messages with attachments that have 2 or more periods in the name (For example: notes.04.01.20.doc) to the Junk E-mail folder. To prevent this, do not use periods when naming your files, and also remind people that send you attachments not to use periods. and
Olivia Jones is a self-professed security expert, She is in making people aware of the security threats. Her Passion is to write about, cryptography, malware,Cyber security social engineering, internet. She writes for mcafee and macafee products at www.macafee.com activate and www.mcafee.com/activate