Getting Yourself Fit For The Season
Posted by nick_niesen on October 26th, 2010
With the changing of the seasons comes the changing of the wardrobe. Sometimes, however, you find that you can't fit into your clothes the way you could a year ago. A recent survey shows that two in five adults need to lose at least 10 pounds to feel comfortable in a bathing suit. That's why so many people are choosing this time to start a diet.
If you're beginning a weight loss program to get your body ready for the season, here are some tips to help you get started:
• Challenge Yourself. Have a goal and stick to achieving it. Make sure that you are reminded of your goal every day.
• Set a Date. Starting your weight loss plan early gives you plenty of time to shed those unwanted pounds. Choose a weight loss program that is easy to follow, fits into your lifestyle and produces quick results.
• Get a Buddy. Enlist the support of a friend to help you meet your weight loss goals. Studies show those people who have the support of a buddy tend to stick to their diets more than those who fly solo.
• The Garden of "Eatin'." Eat more fruits and vegetables. Not only are these foods good for your waistline, but they are nutritious and keep you hydrated.
• Put Some Spring in Your Step. Whether it means parking your car farther away than usual or taking a pet to the park, try to make exercise part of your daily routine. Even 20 minutes a day adds up.
• Spring Fling. Host a dinner party for your friends and make sure that there are plenty of healthy food options available. Try grilling lean proteins such as chicken and tuna instead of frying or baking them. You can add a variety of seasonings and spices to change up the routine.
• Space it Out. Studies show that eating smaller meals throughout the day can be effective in the weight loss process because they help to curb your hunger. If you eat six small meals a day, you will feel less hungry in between meals. Plan your meals in advance to avoid last-minute splurges.
• Drink Up. If you participate in outdoor activities, remember to stay hydrated. Steer clear of calorie-laden beverages such as soda, lemonade and sweet tea. Water is always the best choice.
Zero Limits Music
Whether you just picked up the guitar, have been playing for a while, or your friends are impressed that you’ve mastered Guitar Hero!
Make Your Movie Now!
The Filmmaker Training System Contains All Of The Obvious And Not-so-obvious Best Practices For Getting Your Film Made, Seen And Sold!
How to Sell Your Artwork
This new ebook gives you step-by-step plan to find buyers for your paintings or other artistic items.
Amazing Piano For Adults
Custom Online Video Piano Lessons For Adults. Learn The Songs That You Want To Learn.
The ultimate visual reference series for drawing the human figure.
How to Read Music Notes for Beginners and Children
How your child can read music notes easily and quickly - with the help of a gang of cartoon characters with hilarious voices. Multimedia ebook with flash cards and games for follow-up practice.