Know Methods To Fix Frozen Issue In Android Device
Connect the charger to your phone:
- Usually, the freezing problem occurs if your phone has run out of battery. In this case, connect your android with the charger.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until your phone indicates any charging sign.
- Make sure to use another charger if there is no sign of charging.
- Otherwise, there’s a chance that your phone battery is dead.
Power off your Phone Manually:
- All you need to do is tap and hold the power button until the Power off menu appears.
- After that, press the Power off the option to turn the device off.
- Wait for a few seconds, and now try to turn on your device again.
- If this method does not work, then move to the next step.
Force Your Device To Restart:
- When your phone is not responding to the power button, then you need to force the device to restart.
- Mostly, android devices can be restarted forcefully just by holding volume up and power button for a few seconds.
- If that does not work, then you can try holding the volume down and the power button.
Remove the Battery from Your Android device:
- If you are unable to restart the mobile forcefully as well, remove the battery and then re-insert it.
- With this, there is some chance that your device will overcome the frozen problem automatically.
Delete Applications that are causing unresponsiveness:
- If your phone just started showing the freezing problem, then you need to take action before the problem gets worse.
- Usually, what the user needs to do is delete a few applications, which are causing freezing problems.
- To identify such apps, you need to monitor apps that recently installed or using the maximum amount of space as compared to others.
Use Factory Reset Option:
- If the above-mentioned solutions do not work, then performing a factory reset may resolve your problem.
- Before using it, keep in mind that you will lose all data on the phone. So it is advised to create a backup first.
- First of all, turn off your phone.
- Press volume up or down and power button to open recovery mode.
- Use volume down to scroll down the menu and power button to select it.
- Lastly, tap on Wipe data or factory reset and press Ok to confirm it.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.